Faithful slave has been around since the 1st Century?? So why DIDN'T Charles Russell join them?

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

(E-Watchman) Robert Kings answer: From 2004

My question is this: Who was the F&DS during the intervening years, say 100 CE to
    1879 CE, as Jesus said he would be with them until the end of time. Who 'fed' Russell?
    From what I understand, the F&DS feed the 'domestics'. So who was the F&DS
    during these years and who were the domestics? There is no account of Russell being
    contacted by any F&DS.

We notice in the teachings of Christ this peculiarity: He always referred to his second
    coming or presence as if it were going to take place immediately following his first
    appearance. For instance, as a prelude to his discussion of the faithful slave, Jesus said to
    his apostles: "You also, keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely the
    Son of man is coming."
    Obviously, Jesus knew full well that he was not "coming" during the apostles' lifetime; but
    yet he speaks in the present tense to the slaves who would be alive in the run-up to his
    coming. What's the point? The point is that as far as the prophecies are concerned, there are
    only two relevant periods of Christianity: the apostolic period following Christ's first
    coming, and the period immediately preceding his second coming, are the only two
    significant stages presented in the Scriptures.
    Keep in mind, too, that the reason Jesus couched his discussion of the faithful slave in the
    form of a question, as in "who really is the faithful and discreet slave?" is because it would
    only become conclusive who that slave is when the master finally arrives.

(oy vey!)

• designs
    designs

But I liked Apostolic Succession............

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

But I liked Apostolic Succession............

Sure, and i used to think i was going to live forever. :) (The above is just another interpretation, pointing to a separating of the weeds and the wheat IN THE KINGDOM as a future event not in 1919..blah blah blah....King has his own problems so ill leave this alone......)

No matter how you cut it theres no escaping the fact the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society isnt connected with 1st century christianity other than eshewing a bible interpretation for their followers that will listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit