Faithful slave has been around since the 1st Century?? So why DIDN'T Charles Russell join them?

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Russell never made the direct claim himself in print, but as editor of the Watch Tower, he permitted many such references to him as "that servant" to appear in the Watch Tower without correcting them. This is very telling.

• debator
    debator

A servant is a person who serves.

Charles taze russell did something that People rarely do. Criticism is easy but searching for real truth and sticking by it. And when you find it investing all your life and money into that truth?

The Dvd said something that struck me deeply. "let scripture explain scripture" simple but profound when dealing with doctrines on the Bible. I am a witness because he and a few others had the strength of character to look at God's inspired word not just for answers but also for explanations of the answers.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Irrelevant to the question Debator. If, as the GB claims, God has always worked thru an org and always had a FDS who would feed the next group as the light gets brighter and brighter, why didn't Chucky go to this FDS, instead of apostatizing and going out on his own thru independent research?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Said another way: If Chucky could do that, why can't a JW today?

• Titus
    Titus

Also....

No, this is question for another thread...

But....

David Splane says that Jehovah has chosen his earthly Organization in 1916. Has anybody noticed that?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Titus, 1916?

• Titus
    Titus
    Also....
    No, this is question for another thread...
    But....
    David Splane says that Jehovah has chosen his earthly Organization in 1916. Has anybody noticed that?

I think he said "evidently"....

• Titus
    Titus

Yes, 1916. The same year when Russell died. It was EVIDENTLY that Jehovah has chosen them..... And he used the term "Organization", I am sure.

• debator
    debator

Hi Isaac

If the Angels couldn't pick out the wheat from weeds how could imperfect men in the gentile times? We can guess at a few because of their actions but that is all.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hmm, I would like to ask him what the evidence is.

Perhaps I can call the WT and ask for Mr Splane to do a bit of splaining. 718-560-5000 still a good number?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit