Watchtower says GENERATION is NOT the Anointed!

by UnDisfellowshipped 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Compare these Two "Generation" Quotes from the Watchtower -- Which one is correct? How did God's "Channel of Communication" make an error this big?

The Watchtower, November 1st, 1995, Pages 30-31:

Jesus condemned the generation of Jews of his time, his contemporaries who rejected him. (Luke 9:41; 11:32; 17:25) He often used qualifiers such as “wicked and adulterous,” “faithless and twisted,” and “adulterous and sinful” in describing that generation. (Matthew 12:39; 17:17; Mark 8:38) When Jesus used “generation” for the last time, he was on the Mount of Olives with four apostles. (Mark 13:3) Those men, who were not yet anointed with spirit nor part of a Christian congregation, certainly did not constitute either a “generation” or a race of people. They were, though, very familiar with Jesus’ use of the term “generation” in referring to his contemporaries. So they logically would understand what he had in mind when he mentioned “this generation” for the last time. The apostle Peter, who was present, thereafter urged Jews: “Get saved from this crooked generation.”—Acts 2:40.

The Watchtower (Study Edition), April 15th, 2010 Issue, Pages 27-29:

"This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. ... How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I spoke with an elder last night on the subject and he told me God's organization was like the chariot in Ezekiel it changes direction very quickly.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

It sure does! Good post Finger.

Just look at how fast they change:

The Watchtower, December 1st, 1981, Page 27:

However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as “tacking.” By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds.

The funny thing about that is Jehovah promises in the Bible that He NEVER changes:

Malachi 3:6: “For I am Jehovah; I have not changed."

And, what does God say about people making a prediction in His Name which does not come true?

Deuteronomy 18:20-22: “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak ... that prophet must die. And in case you should say...: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’
  • RosePetal
    RosePetal

Re Fingers comment The chariot is constantly on the move but never moves in the wrong direction, because unlike the society it has something the W.society has never had GUESS WHAT? HOLY SPIRIT. New light never contradicts old light if it is truly from the holy spirit only speculation can contradict itself. How many people have been disfellowshipped because of not agreeing with the W.soc changing speculation. And that is all it is speculation in the disguise of spirit direction.

Undisfellowshipped Dueteronomy 18:20-22 ; was one of the scriptures that gave me the courage to keep questioning and not be afraid to keep searching.

RosePetal

• wasblind
    wasblind

" New light never contradicts old light if it is truly from the holy spirit only speculation can contradict itself."

hey rose i'm gonna use this line when they come to visit.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Great post.

Worst part is, tomorrow they could change back to the 1995 view and the dubbies would just eat it up........

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    I spoke with an elder last night on the subject and he told me God's organization was like the chariot in Ezekiel it changes direction very quickly.

That is exactly what an elder told me, and he added it can move in any direction at any time. That and the fact that he has been a JW since 2 and is having difficulty grasping the new generation teaching.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The WT explaination in UnDisfellowshipped's post about "adjustments", doesn't add up.

Sailors only use the "Tacking" manuver out of necessity. They would rather go straight to where they intended to go in the first place. Just because they are "Tacking" doesn't mean that they are lost and aren't aware of the correct route. Sailors don't claim to be directly guided by the creator of the universe. The WTBTS makes adjustments not because they were intentionally going off course from the truth as if it were planned but because they actually were lost but thought they were right on target, with God leading the way and they told us not to question them about it when we noticed our port of call, pass by....several times.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The 1995 Generation change was only the start of waking me up, but it made me focus on "this system of things."
    I have to imagine the silly overlap generation added to the very recent (2008) "anointed generation" will make many members have doubts and some will wake up.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Run “Not Uncertainly”

16 Seeing the strenuous efforts needed to succeed in the race for life, Paul went on to say: “Therefore, the way I am running is not uncertainly; the way I am directing my blows is so as not to be striking the air.” (1 Corinthians 9:26) The word “uncertainly” literally means “unevidently” (Kingdom Interlinear), “unobserved, unmarked” (Lange’s Commentary). Hence, to run “not uncertainly” means that to every observer it should be very evident where the runner is heading. The Anchor Bible renders it “not on a zigzag course.” If you saw a set of footprints that meanders up and down the beach, circles around now and then, and even goes backward at times, you would hardly think the person was running at all, let alone that he had any idea where he was heading. But if you saw a set of footprints that form a long, straight line, each footprint ahead of the previous one and all evenly spaced, you would conclude that the footprints belong to one who knows exactly where he is going.

WT 1 Aug 1992, page 17

Need I say more????????

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit