• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Burn.

So, eternity means no beginning?

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    So, eternity means no beginning?

No TIME. There is no such thing as beginning, in that case. It has no meaning.

While in the popular mind, eternity often simply means existence for a limitless amount of time, many have used it to refer to a timeless existence altogether outside time. By contrast, infinite temporal existence is then called "sempiternity." An eternal being exists outside time; by contrast, a sempiternal being exists throughout an infinite time. Sempiternity is also known as everlastingness.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternity

BTS

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I think perhaps people are confused about life after death because I have reincarnated as a gladiator. This has only been possible because I have over 300 gods on my payroll.

If you only have one god, or a trinity of fragmented gods, which still adds up to one, then my advice is - Do not try this at home.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think perhaps people are confused about life after death because I have reincarnated as a gladiator. This has only been possible because I have over 300 gods on my payroll.

I've got God, and I've got angels and saints without number on my payroll.

More Hamlet:

Angels and ministers of grace, defend us!

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks again, Burn.

Eternal means timeless.

Infinity without known end.

Everlasting ditto.

I'm beginning to grasp it!

Syl

• watersprout
    watersprout

Thanks for your replies guys.

Snowbird i loved that poem you posted on page one. Really beautiful.

• snowbird
    snowbird

It was in the movie, Akeela and the Bee.

I've been enamored of it ever since.

Please excuse me for Bogarting your thread?

Syl

• watersprout
    watersprout

I'v enjoyed reading your posts!

Changeling, what makes you think we are not spiritual beings? We are more powerful that we know. This fleshly body is a shell, i agree that the flesh returns to the ground but where does our 'soul' go?

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

BTS... you can try to explain yourself with sophomoric analogies... but only reality that exists is the Natural, which can be explained rationally and with SCIENCE... (which by the way you seem to know quite a bit about and use it at your convenience)

The rest are OPINIONS... unnatural...spiritual...'luminous beings'... and you know what the problem with opinions are hehe

I lot of people here dislike the 'use-it-if-it-suits-my-purpose' attitude of JWs... yet there seem to be a lot who have yet to break free of that part... it seems a lot just changed one set of illogical thought for another...

"Those who forget the past will be condemned to repeat it!"

Live long and prosper, You'all

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I dunno 'bout you but I'll be headed to the incinerator...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit