Ecouragement from a JW friend

by thenoblelodge 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Please write back to your friend and say: Thank you for your kind words. Happily, I'm closer to Jehovah now, more than ever. Just as your faith is strong in the organization, my devotion remains in our Heavenly Creator.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Thanks again for all your welcomes.

Jamiebowers

That is exellent, I think I'll send her a card and tell her that thank you.

• crapola
    crapola

You know, I feel the same way when this happens. I know this older man,"hate to say brother", anyway he will email once on a while saying how much they miss me and how he wishes I'd return to Jehovah. It not only depresses me but I get angry. I have not left Jehovah and feel happier now and closer to Him than ever. And it really makes me mad for them to imply that I have. I finally told him tis and have'nt heard a reply back. So he probably won't email back, which is fine with me.

• wobble
    wobble

I like the reply someone else gave on here too :

"I have not left the religion, it has left me, everything it taught me as truth has changed" or ( "substance thereof".)

This has the benefit of making them think about all the flip-flops.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Jamiebowers
    That is exellent, I think I'll send her a card and tell her that thank you.

You are so welcome! I like that response, because if you're not da'd or df'd, you're not speaking against the borg, but at the same time, you're forcing the recipient to see that there is a difference between God and the organization.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Hi and welcome! Thanks for insight into UK bethel...I never knew anything untoward was going on. I think people who've left bethel should start some topics giving us more insight .

I love Jamiebowers reply! It will leave your friend with a bitter taste in her mouth...lol. On one hand she'll hate you for being so upbeat about it and on the other, she'll have nothing to go to the elders about...hehe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit