Ecouragement from a JW friend

by thenoblelodge 25 Replies latest jw friends

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Just had an anniversay card from my a friend who wrote on it "May Jehovah be with you and return you to his flock."

It has made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. Why is it bothering me so much?

I want to text her back and say "I am still in God's flock, I never left. If I have left God's flock then I am in Satan's world and therefore satanic.

I just left an organisation that that is loveless and built on lies." I feel so sick right now

• Think About It
    Think About It

Thenoblelodge........welcome to the board. The WTS organization is built on lies and the membership does lack love. Look forward to your other postings.

Think About It

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hi, thenoblelodge, and welcome! Hmm, not sure how I'd feel about that card either. On the one hand, the friend hasn't cut you off completely yet. On the other, I would wonder if the card was simply an excuse to "encourage" you to return to Jehovah the WTS...

In any case, I'm glad you're here.

• designs
    designs

That pain in the gut will subside. Whether its Witnesses wishing you would 'Return to Jehovah' or a Fundamentalist trying to save you from Hell it amounts to the same mind control. Seeing it for what it is will give you the objectivity needed to gain your inner peace again.

Regards

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Hello and welcome!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking here since last year, just before we did a 'runner' from the Org.

We never bothered with a fade. The last meeting we attended was the memorial 2009 and it was a horrible experience. It had just come to the elders attention that we had a disfellowshipped elder living with us. He had been at Bethel in the Mill Hill congregation and was one of those booted out for apostacy last year.

We then moved 90 miles away and they don't know where we live, well as long as my friend doesn't grass us up lol.

• four candles
    four candles

Welcome Nobelodge,good to see you here.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi there TNL - We all know that sick feeling. It's a beast to deal with. It will wax and wane for a while. The important thing is that you're out. Good for you. That's great you were able to move so far away.

Good point Designs

Cult Classic

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good to have you here, NobleLodge.

There's a poster on here who is formerly from Mill Hill, PaulApollos.

Syl

• superpunk
    superpunk

"Encouragement"

Edit: I didn't write that to be a jackass about spelling, lol., Didn't notice that til after I posted it. Put encouragement in quotes because it is fake JW "encouragement", which means get back to meetings go in field service do more more more for the publishing company. And it should only be referred to with the aid of quote-fingers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit