Ecouragement from a JW friend

by thenoblelodge 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Those comments are designed to make you feel ashamed. They are meant to induce feelings of guilt, based on the fact that your "friend" is still plodding along, going to Meetings™, going Door-to-Door™, and believing every bit of nonsense published by the Watchtower Society.

You have done nothing to feel guilty or ashamed. You are exercising your bible-based right to "make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine" (1 Thess 5:21), and following the example of the Be·roe'ans in 'examining the scriptures as to whether these things are so' (Acts 17:11). You have determined that the organization is "loveless", and thus does not meet the standard at John 13:34, 35 for identifying Jesus' true disciples, and also is "based on lies" which therefore makes the organization satanic (John 8:44). The only option you have is to "get out of her ... if you do not want to share in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues" (Rev 18:4).

Bear in mind that this advice is being dispensed by Scully, your friendly neighbourhood atheist.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Snowbird

Yeah I know Paulapollos. Last I heard he was doing ok and at Uni. He's getting on with his life like all the rest are. Good for them.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Superpunk lol.

Do you know I checked my post and title several times and still didn't pick up on the missing 'n'.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Hi thenoblelodge,

I heard a whisper about the apostacy in UK bethel last year but couldn't find the details. It seems to have been deep sixed. If you could tell us any further it would be welcome. I know that may be difficult for you but any thing you wish to share or feel you can share would be welcome. London bethel is so full of self righteous career men.

S L

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome, thenoblelodge. I, too, would like to know more about the London Bethel purge. Few of the protagonists give many details for some reason. I'm not sure what a DFd person has to hide from any longer but I feel that the story needs to be told; it could help some people who are on the fence.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi Noblelodge ...think you're going to have to put the card aside and carry on carrying on....I too would be interested in the London Bethel apostasy...?

Loz x

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome to the forum thenoblelodge! WTS has the God delusion - they think they are God. Good for you for helping out the df'd elder who needed your assistance and support - that's what true love is all about. If you feel like sharing I would like to hear what happened with the apostasy at Bethel too. The society has a knack for hiding truth.

Take good care!

Hadit

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Thanks again for the welcome.

Basically they all believed that Christ died for all and that we are no longer under the condemnation of sin or no longer slaves to sin.

The elder that lived with us was disfellowshipped on the basis of the following 2 scriptures.

Romans 6:6 NL 'Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.' Sorry haven't got my NWT, it's in the garage hee hee.

The other one was 2Cor 5: 14,15 Christ died for all...... all died with Christ.

He believes that this applies to all which of course the Watchtower does not. They apply it to 144,000.

Four brothers were disfellowshipped. Oddly their wives were not....even though they all attended the JC's and all confirmed that they believed the same as their husbands.

When me and my husband were approached after a sunday meeting and taken into the dreaded back room, they accused us of having a vicious, vile apostate in our home and were we aware of how dangerous he was. Knowing this man as we did I think that was the moment when we realised we'd had enough of their aggression (we have experienced it so many times before).

The elder that was with us had left Bethel a few months previous due to ill health. They knew he had no where to go and that he was very ill but that wasn't their problem was it (tongue in cheek). After he left they started the witch hunt against him and the others who were still at Bethel. When they had enough against them they were all 'invited' to a judicial committe. The rest is history.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

When I first left I was certain I would never attend a JC if I was "invited" to one. Lately, though, I'm thinking I might go just for the experience.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Just imagine that the card says something like, "I say who Hojovah is with, and I've told him to stay away from you until you resume work as a recruiter for dead-end end-times Botchtower Corporation."

Your friend is deluded and confused. You've graduated and moved on. That's something that they just don't understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit