Bethel keeps buildings in New York with Gargoyles {demons} on every corner...but brothers can't hang a "Windchime" without an Elders meeting! Why?

by Witness 007 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWoods
    JWoods

And I thought that in their original context, the wind chimes were intended to scare away demons, not attract them -

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWoods..

It`s the connection to demons that scares them..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

I know Outlaw - we have commented here many times that most likely the JWs are the most demon-obsessed of any modern religion in the civilized world.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Many an Elder has caused a fuss over Windchimes here...since they were used to "scare off demons." I remember lengthy arguements.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

*** w81 6/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
    ? Would it be wrong for a Christian to use wind chimes in his or her home?Many persons have used wind chimes to give a pleasant musical aspect to the home. When the wind blows, the glass, metal or wooden pieces hit against one another to produce the sound. However, it is the custom in some countries to put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose. So if there is such a superstitious belief in one's country, or community, it would not be wise to have a wind chime in the home. Thus no one will be stumbled or given the impression that Jehovah's Witnesses make use of wind chimes for some unscriptural purpose.-1 Cor. 10:31-33.

However, if one's motive in putting up a wind chime has nothing to do with false religion, superstition or demonism, and there is little possibility of others' getting the wrong impression regarding its use in the home, it is a simple matter for personal decision.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    However, it is the custom in some countries to put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose.

No, a JW (who believes in evil spirits more than just about any other modern religion) would rely on calling out the name "Jehovah" to ward them off.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ah-ha!!!! I just KNEW there was a WatchTower article to back up the "no wind chimes" stand. See, w81 6/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers.

If you read the logic above from the QFR article, you could say that about ANYTHING, that being, if you had something it could STUMBLE someone. By this same line of reasoning, I could argue that the weirdo, vampiric Elder family that lives diagonal from me are causing me to be stumbled because they drive nothing but Mazda's, and MAZDA was the God of Wisdom in Japan. Hence, a "true Christian" would want nothing to do with driving a car that is named after a pagan god!!! See? Anyone can use that argument to put down damn near ANYTHING, even wedding rings, days of the month, month names, clothing, make-up, etc, etc. Total BS!!!!

Wind chimes are harmless musical fun. It is only coincidence and superstitition that people said they used them to ward of demons. The fact that the WT is citing some old superstition as a reason not to have one goes to show just how superstitious and rediculous they truly are.

Shit, I'm going out and buying a huge ass wind chime tonight and hanging it out front, just for spite!! Maybe I'll get "fortunate" and it'll ward off the JW's from knocking on my door in the future?

- Wing Commander

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thanks "wing commander"....that's the article...yeah like the article said "if it stumbles someone" get rid of it....but demons of bethel's roof is okay???....stupid reasoning.

• Scully
    Scully

"if it stumbles someone" get rid of it

That's the coup de grace for damn near everything in JW-Land, from soft-serve ice cream (Dairy Queen) to music (Bat Out of Hell, KISS, Queen, Nazareth, etc., etc.), to acquiring education, to driving a 2-door car. The JW mindset creates busybodies, by expecting people to spy on and rat out "sinners" for their own good. So any busybody JW is likely to take offense to something and beat a path to the Elders™ and start making your life miserable. Unless you decide to have no life and do nothing fun to prevent anyone taking offense and getting Stumbled™.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

"...from soft serve ice cream (Dairy Queen)..."

OK Scully,

I'll bite...I've been eating dairy queen soft serve since I was a little kid as have all the JW's in my area (common coffee stop in service). I never heard anything about that. I'm almost afraid to ask for more JW craziness, but what in the heck is wrong with Dairy Queen soft serve?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit