Is Jehovahs Witnesses the only religion that questions certain hair styles?

by asilentone 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

When I was younger I had my hair 'over the collar', then a 'crew' cut. Now I'm old and thin on top I have it as short as possible. No one has ever commented on it.

I regularly see Mormons witnessing near where I live; their hair seems to be conforming to prescribed standards though.

George

• Scully
  • Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

My brother got the flat top one year...my mom had a friggin' bird about it lol. My dad was like "WTF? it's a haircut!"...good ol' unbelieving dad lol.

I got some flack for cutting my hair short...and for the style I chose (kind of the Kate Gosselin/Rhianna look)...but only for a while. People eventually digressed that it looked good on me...much better than longer hair. Funny...more people commented on my hair than on my nose ring *shrug*

• cofty
    cofty

The Iranian government has issued rules this week on what hairstyles are acceptable for Muslim men in their country

• sherah
    sherah

Nothing to add about the topic.

Misery, your post had me cracking up.

• Emoly
    Emoly

When I was about 17 I went from long womanly hair to an inch long all over pixie. And I THOUGHT that I would get a lot of crap for it. But when I went to the hall all the pioneer ladies came over and said how nice they thought it looked.

It was sort of a bummer, I thought I was so edgy!

My brother on the other hand always got teased a little once his hair started touching his collar.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Emoly, I have thick, curly hair. When I was growing up, my mother made me keep it in a pixie so she could control it. Now that I'm an adult, I let it grow long! I get it trimmed every three months to keep it healthy but that's all. Funny, we're on opposite ends of the spectrum but it's still a type of defiance!

~Serena~

• avishai
    avishai

Sikh men, Hassidic jews.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

When I was a teenager in catholic school back in the sixties girls would tease their hair & spray it making it real big and the nuns would get upset and take some girls to the ladys room and flatten it. It was a strange world we had to wear plaid skirts blazers white blouses knee socks & saddle shoes no dangling earrings flashy nail polish or weird hairdos. I had 12 yrs of it I couldn't wait to graduate and I never went to catholic church again.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I now have a grade 1 crew cut and goatee - finished off with Ray Bans I look good!!!!! (IMO).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit