@ djeggnog

by bennyk 39 Replies latest jw friends

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@bohm:

In another thread started by @Undisfellowshipped, the question that was asked was this:

2:) Also, isn't it true that the Watchtower Publications forbid Jehovah's Witnesses from speaking to "Apostates" or reading their writings? If that is true, then aren't you disobeying the Governing Body by being on this website?

Jehovah's Witnesses are not 'forbidden' to speak or read the writings of apostates. Fornication is forbidden, idolatry is forbidden, eating blood sausage (and the like) is forbidden, accepting a blood transfusion is forbidden, but those of us that have been Jehovah's Witnesses for awhile understand the counsel that has been sent out to all of the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses through the pages of the Watchtower as well as other WTS publications is designed to make us alert to the very real possibility that there are some folks that have not been counted worthy of gaining life in God's new system of things (Luke 20:35), those that have perhaps lost some of what spirituality that had when they were studying the Bible and gaining power of holy spirit as a result of the effort that was exerted by them during that time.

As someone that is full of faith, I have an abundance of holy spirit that can reinvigorate you so that you might regain your footing in the truth, but you must in faith ask God for wisdom as He gives it generously to all and without reproaching, and without doubting, for if you do not ask in faith, you will receive nothing at all from Jehovah. (James 1:5-8)

Also, the Watchtower of August 15, 1972, p. 507, states the following:

If you find that you are stumbled or are offended about something being taught in God’s organization, or some adjustments being made, keep this in mind: God has put enough in the Bible to provide a complete foundation for faith. (2 Tim. 3:16, 17) He has also left many details of various events in the Bible out of the account, enough so that one whose heart is not right, who wants to discover an apparent fault, who wants to find an excuse for leaving the way of truth, can find it.

There are some here that are perishing , according to 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12, "as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved ... that [no longer] believe the truth." But this does not have to be the case at all since God's patience is still waiting on those who are dedicated, baptized Christians to return to their senses before the end comes. You see, endurance is necessary, for no one is going to receive the prize unless he or she shall have endured to the end. Many of you used to believe this, many of you used to know this.

Look! If the elders in your local congregation that decided to disfellowship didn't find you to be repentant, even if you believe otherwise and were repentant and are still feeling just horrible and maybe embarrassed about the situation in which you found yourself, you need to remember that they are just imperfect men, even as I am, and that they cannot read hearts -- not yours, not anyone's -- but Jehovah uses such imperfect men just the same to accomplish His will.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to me, or asking me questions, that's fine, although I will respect your anonymity, but in this case you really should approach elders not a part of your local congregation, letting them know your disfellowshipped or disassociated status (especially if you elected to disassociate yourself when you learned that you were going to be publicly reproved for your sin), and telling them how sorry you are that your wrong conduct damaged your relationship with Jehovah, that is, if you are truly sorry.

If you should be sorry that you disappointed yourself and your family, as well as your brothers and sisters, our Lord Jesus Christ, and Jehovah God to whom as a dedicated servant of His you belong, that's fine, but deep regret and remorse are signs that one is truly repentant.

Perhaps those elders in a new congregation will suggest that you temporarily transfer to their congregation, putting them in a position to monitor your spiritual progress, but the elders in the congregation that disfellowshipped you will still be in the loop, even though your request for reinstatement, if you should make such a request, will be heard by the elders in your new congregation, and the elders that sat on the committee that decided to disfellowship might want to meet with you before you are actually reinstated. A few recommendations are made in the "Pay Attention..." book, but I'm going to make a few comments of my own here.

If the decision is to reinstate, an announcement to this effect will be made in both your old congregation where the decision to disfellowship occurred and in your new congregation as well. This is not a Bible-sanctioned rule, but a rule promulgated by the governing body and there's no way around the making of such announcements as uncomfortable as this might make you feel at the time.

All privileges will be restored progressively by the elders in your new congregation, but you may actively participate in field service at reinstatement. But certain privileges of service that you formerly may have enjoyed may not be approved until such time as you are "free of accusation," which may be several years, especially if it should become widely known (which is often the case when children are involved!) where an unscriptural divorce has ensued in which one has schemed to dump their spouse in order to marry someone else, which is scandalous.

Did you appeal the decision in writing within a week of the decision to disfellowship (assuming that you were disfellowshipped and did not disassociate yourself from God's people)? Did you think that Brother so-and-so was such a jerk to you? Were the brothers that sat on the judicial committee so rigid or "gung-ho" about disfellowshipping you that you threw up your hands over the matter instead of talking to other elders about your situation and the adverse decision you received at their hands?

Was the decision made to disfellowship you because you didn't respect the elders sitting on the committee enough to show up to meet with them? Did you request an appeal, but fail to show up for the hearing on your appeal? How many brothers handled your case and were you given to think that the decision to disfellowship had already been made and that the meeting was just a formality? Did you voluntarily confess your sin(s) or did you attempt to hide them or to justify them? Was you sin premeditated? Was your sin the product of your momentarily succumbing to human weakness or had you been sinning repeatedly and deceiving the brothers over many months or years that you were keeping a secret?

Were you asked the kind of probing questions that sought to elicit details that would make anyone feel uncomfortable discussing with your own relatives, let alone with the brothers that sat on the judicial committee, that caused you to become angry with Jehovah's arrangement? Had you ignored the admonition given you in the past by the elders to 'watch that how you walked was as a wise person' (Ephesians 5:15)? Have you taken the appropriate steps to right the wrongs that you have done by apologizing or making restitution?

Here's the thing: I'm not here to argue with anyone, but I'd like to help anyone that is in need of spiritual help.

• bennyk
    bennyk

djeggnog writes: "[H]as the WTS ever indicated that its words (or edicts) were inspired or that it had been given the gift of prophecy so that it could make predictions about the future? Then how can it be said that the WTS has ever been a 'false prophet'?"

My response: The WTS writes in the 08. June 1986 Awake! (p.9): "The New American Bible correctly states: ' Prophet means "one who speaks for another," especially for God. It does not necessarily mean that he predicts the future!"'
    Bearing such in mind, consider the following quotes:

13 The fact that decides the answer to the question is, not, Do all the clergy of Roman Catholicism and of Protestantism agree that Jehovah’s witnesses have been and are God’s prophet to the nations? but, Who discerned the divine will for Christians in this time of the world’s end and offered themselves to do it? Who have undertaken God’s foreordained work for this day of judgment of the nations? Who have answered the call to the work and have done it down till this year 1958? Whom has God actually used as his prophet?14 By the historical facts of the case Christendom is beaten back in defeat. Jehovah’s witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them. All the preaching and all the Bible educational work that they have done till now in 175 countries and islands of the sea they confess has been, not by help of a military army, nor by human power, but by God’s spirit, his invisible active force. (Zech. 4:6, AV) It has been because Jehovah thrust out his hand of power and touched their lips and put his words in their mouths. It has evidently been because he commissioned them to be over the nations and over the kingdoms. Happy are all those who have seen what the work of Jehovah God for now is and who have volunteered to do it. (w59 1/15 pp. 40-41 pars. 13-14)

22 As Jehovah revealed his truths by means of the first-century Christian congregation so he does today by means of the present-day Christian congregation. Through this agency he is having carried out prophesying on an intensified and unparalleled scale. All this activity is not an accident. Jehovah is the one behind all of it. The abundance of spiritual food and the amazing details of Jehovah’s purposes that have been revealed to Jehovah’s anointed witnesses are clear evidence that they are the ones mentioned by Jesus when he foretold a “faithful and discreet slave” class that would be used to dispense God’s progressive revelations in these last days. Of this class Jesus said: “Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.”-Matt. 24:47. (w64 6/15 p. 365 par. 22)

36 None of us should want to be like these indecisive, unresponding ones! Better it is to know now, rather than too late, that there is an authentic prophetic class of Christians among us, and to accept and act upon the Bible message, “not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13) Concerning the message faithfully delivered by the Ezekiel classJehovah positively states that it “must come true.” He asseverates that those who wait undecided until it does “come true” “will also have to know that a prophet himself had proved to be in the midst of them.” (Ezekiel 33:33) Such belated knowledge, however, will not mean salvation for them, for it will find their hearts and their ways to be unchanged.
    37 What is to be gained by hesitating and doubting to the end that Jehovah can raise up and has raised up a genuine “prophet” within our generation? (“The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah”-How? chap. 15 p. 292 pars. 36-37)

However, Jehovah did not let the people of Christendom, as led by the clergy, go without being warned that the League was a counterfeit substitute for the real kingdom of God. He had a “prophet” to warn them. This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning, and have been joined and assisted in their commissioned work by hundreds of thousands of persons who have listened to their message with belief.
    Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a “prophet” of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show? (w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’)

22 The holy spirit, which Jehovah prophesied that he would pour out in the last days, has not ceased to operate, for the remnant are still baptizing disciples of Christ in the name of that spirit. (Matthew 28:19, 20; Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21) The announced purpose behind God’s pouring out of his spirit upon all sorts of flesh was that the recipients thereof might prophesy. The facts substantiate that the remnant of Christ’s anointed disciples have been doing that prophesying to all the nations for a witness in favor of God’s kingdom. Logically, then, they must be the ones upon whom God’s spirit has actually been poured out. That spirit is behind their worldwide preaching.Why argue about it? (Holy Spirit-The Force Behind the Coming New Order! chap. 8 p. 148 par. 22)

You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Out of love for God and his Word, they are carrying on a universal Bible educational work among old and young, rich and poor. They have hundreds of thousands of full-time voluntary workers, some of whom translate and print Bibles and Bible educational literature that is distributed inexpensively, or even free of charge. They are assisted by millions of part-time workers. Any of these will be happy to help you “discern the signs of the times” and embrace the wonderful hope contained in God’s Word, the Bible. (g86 6/8 p. 9 “Would That All Were Prophets!”)

In response to my statement "Even more egregious is the fact that the Watch Tower Society is perfectly willing to attempt to establish its credentials using distorted statements and outright lies", djeggnog writes: "If the WTS should be mistaken in its adherence to Acts 15:29 with respect to blood transfusions, and someone dies, I'm thinking that Jesus Christ has been empowered to resurrect the dead."

My response: The citations I gave you had nothing to do with the Society's blood doctrine. They were examples of the Watch Tower Society "rewriting" their history, i.e. "lying". Kindly respond to the citations given in my post...

djeggnog writes: "Not just the WTS, but all of Jehovah's Witnesses know from having studied God's word that if one has not been anointed and adopted by God so that they enjoy spiritual sonship, then one is a party to the New Covenant."

My response: I trust that was a typographical error.

djeggnog writes: "Well, if you have a reply to make, then make it."

My response: I question your sincerity...

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@bennyk:

In response to my statement "Even more egregious is the fact that the Watch Tower Society is perfectly willing to attempt to establish its credentials using distorted statements and outright lies", djeggnog writes: "If the WTS should be mistaken in its adherence to Acts 15:29 with respect to blood transfusions, and someone dies, I'm thinking that Jesus Christ has been empowered to resurrect the dead."

My response: The citations I gave you had nothing to do with the Society's blood doctrine. They were examples of the Watch Tower Society "rewriting" their history, i.e. "lying". Kindly respond to the citations given in my post...

Actually, the following is your statement in its entirely:

You make repeated references to "truth", but seem to be little concerned that it be ... true. Even more egregious is the fact that the Watch Tower Society is perfectly willing to attempt to establish its credentials using distorted statements and outright lies.

And this was reply to your statement in its entirely:

This statement of yours is loaded, but I'm sure you knew that, didn't you? Whatever their many faults as imperfect men, even as you and I are also imperfect, I believe God is blessing their efforts to search for those who are sighing and groaning to acquaint them with the good news so that they might gain life in God's new order. If the WTS should be mistaken in its adherence to Acts 15:29 with respect to blood transfusions, and someone dies, I'm thinking that Jesus Christ has been empowered to resurrect the dead. What do you think?

Now were I faced with the decision as to whether to permit a transfusion for a member of my own family, or should the decision be about medical decisions affecting my own life, we are resolved to take whatever steps we can short of violating God's command to "abstain ... from blood," because we believe in the resurrection. (We know that are going to need one if any of us should not be among the survivors of Armageddon, you see.) But if I should fall short and give in to fear, I'll just be sitting in the back of the Kingdom Hall being shunned while being scourged by Jehovah until reinstated. I mean, where shall I go? Jesus is the Holy One of God and he pleads for me. (John 6:67-69) I'm not going anywhere!

It's true that the citations you gave me "had nothing to do with the Society's blood doctrine," but this blood doctrine is not something that was spawned by the WTS, but is an example of what Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide do based on the truth of what the Bible says at Acts 15:29, for our conviction is that the same God that raised the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead has now given to Jesus the same authority to raise others from the dead, and so the stand that Jehovah's Witnesses take with respect to blood transfusions is based on truth, and if anyone should die as a consequence of their adherence to Acts 15:29, our faith is that Jesus has been empowered to resurrect the dead.

You said that the citations you gave me "were examples of the Watch Tower Society 'rewriting' their history, i.e. 'lying,' but many of us were alive and do not to read the Watchtower to know what things we believed in the past, and we are fully aware of what ideas we may have abandoned in order to embrace those new things we now know to be in accord with the truth. It isn't even possible for the WTS to rewrite the history of Jehovah's Witnesses for the history of our organization is an open book to many, and I say "many" here for there are written transcripts of court cases involving Jehovah's Witnesses that are not as easy to access, but can be accessed by those that are willing to dig them up that contain statements in them that were true then, but which would not be true were they made today. Tell me this though:

How would you characterize what Luke (the gospel writer) did in his using the number "75" at Acts 7:14 instead of "70" in quoting Stephen's words as to the number of folks that moved from Canaan to Egypt back in 1728 BC as a consequence of a famine that affected both Egypt and Canaan? Would you accuse Luke of having rewritten the history of Jehovah's Witnesses as was being recounted by the disciple Stephen back in 33 AD when Luke knew there were five names added in the Greek Septuagint's rendering of Genesis 46:20 and also knew the Hebrew text of Genesis 46:27 and Exodus 1:5 to both say that there were "seventy souls" that made the move to Egypt with Jacob/Israel and not "seventy-five souls"?

Perhaps you would accuse Luke of having rewritten the history of Jehovah's Witnesses in what he writes in quoting Stephen, at Acts 7:35, 36, as saying about Moses that "God [had] sent off as both ruler and deliverer by the hand of the angel that appeared to him in the thornbush. This man led [the sons of Israel] out after doing portents and signs in Egypt and in the Red Sea and in the wilderness for forty years." Nowhere in this portion of what Stephen is quoted as saying does he mention Moses' brother, Aaron, even though we know from reading the inspired account that Aaron's role as Moses' prophet was instrumental to Moses' speaking to the Pharaoh (Exodus 4:10-16; 6:30-7:2), and Aaron was certainly there through the beginning of the exodus to its end (Exodus 4:27-14:31), but Aaron isn't specifically mentioned until later on in Stephen's discourse to the Sanhedrin, and only once, so would you rightly accuse Luke of rewriting the history of Jehovah's Witnesses at that time, too?

Now he's a "big picture" question: How familiar are you with Stephen's discourse at Acts 7:2-53? When you review the things that Stephen says, what do you note about the progressiveness of Jehovah's purpose? Do you see Jehovah as being "stuffy" or being rather laid back? Or when we examine the things that Jehovah has done since 1943 BC, the year when the Abrahamic Covenant to which all of God's people today became beneficiaries became operative, to 2 Chronicles 6:18 through 2 Chronicles 7:1 when God's glory came to fill His typical tabernacle in the year 1027 BC -- a span of some 927 years' time -- are you not filled with reverence over having come to know God, and I mean, this God, Jehovah?

Since the outpouring of holy spirit under those 120 disciples on that Pentecost day in 33 AD, more and more souls came to be added to the household of faith (Acts 2:1-11, 41), for there was no other way in which anyone could receive God's spirit and be saved unless he or she were to become associated with one of Jesus' apostles and thus become a part of God's organization. In a previous post, you wrote how you "do speak to others regarding the 'good news,'" describing the good news in this way:

Despite the fact that men are actually born estranged from God [citations], God sent His Son to die on behalf of sinful mankind [citations]. Those exercising faith in the ransom sacrifice of the Son are promised full forgiveness of sin [citations], are justified (i.e. declared righteous) [citations], and sanctified [citations]. As such, they are reconciled to God [citations] and adopted as His children [citations], thereby becoming brothers of Christ [citation], who serves as their Advocate [citations], High Priest [citations], and Mediator [citations]. Christians thus become heirs of God and joint-heirs of Christ [citations], who graciously grants everlasting life [citations].

You also added to this, saying that "the Gospel [that you] preach is scriptural," but your "gospel" isn't scriptural at all, and to have to know this since Christ is now gathering "the things in the earth" (Ephesians 1:10), and is presently teaches those of the "other sheep" what things we must do to survive the "great tribulation." You see, while you are preaching your gospel, we won't be, for once we "see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies," that's the sign, and we're outta here. (Luke 21:20) Those in God's organization will be in flight, all of us heading toward the mountains, as it were."

All false religion will be left just as desolate as it was when the Romans devastated Jerusalem back in 70 AD. You'll be like the man that was expelling demons through the use of Jesus' name (Mark 9:38-40), preaching your "gospel," a message that isn't expelling anything but hot air, for while you are now reviling Jesus by preaching a message different than the one we're preaching, while you will then at that time be reviling Jesus by preaching a message different than the one we'll be preaching, and while you are preaching a message of hope in your dissatisfaction and impatience in waiting, like the rest of us, for that sign to appear, God's organization will then be preaching a message of doom.

As the psalmist said about Jehovah (Psalm 18:35), He is a humble God, as made clear by the time He sought suggestions from His own angels as to how He might frustrate and defeat a wicked king (Ahab, the king of Israel) (1 Kings 22:19-22), so along with wisdom we must be humble like our God and wait on the appearance of that sign. (Luke 7:31-35) As Jesus said, 'wisdom is proved righteous by its works,' by our 'reasonableness and readiness to obey' we show ourselves to be wise. (James 3:17; Ephesians 5:15, 16)

In an earlier post, I told you that this is the gospel that Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching today:

[N]ot everyone that exercises faith in the ransom provision will become recipients of Jehovah's merciful arrangement. One needs to inform themselves of God's mercy through the ransom and put faith in this provision by studying the Bible, and then recognize that apart from the ransom, we are all of us under condemnation and will die. Through the ransom only those 144,000 called and adopted by God are declared righteous in spirit and will be granted immortal life in the heavens as joint-heirs with Christ in the heavenly kingdom as immortal sons of God. Those declared righteous as friends of God will have righteousness imputed to them until after Christ's Millennial Reign when they along with the resurrected "dead" will only then be declared righteous in the flesh on their own merit as perfect sons of God.

The gospel or "good news" involves the fulfillment of God's purpose [to] vindicate his name and purposes toward the earth, which includes crushing out all rebellion, and the restoration of peace and righteousness in both heaven and earth. The good news speaks to both the blessings that are in store for true worshippers of Jehovah, for all worship not based on truth goes to Satan the Devil, who accepts all worship not based on truth, as well as to God's day of vengeance when those that don't know God and those that don't obey the good news will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction.

However, only those dedicated Christians that are a part of God's organization that remain faithful to God until the end of their lives and those who are wearing white robes as survivors of Armageddon have the prospect [of] being declared righteous in the flesh along with those of the resurrected dead that will learn righteousness during Judgment Day.

If you should no longer be a part of God's organization, know that you have abandoned Jehovah, and God's adversary, that hateful Devil and Satan, is your god, and whatever it is you're preaching is just in vain, for it is not the gospel of Jesus Christ that you are preaching, for you are not preaching in accord with the good news.

When you wrote the following --

djeggnog writes: "Not just the WTS, but all of Jehovah's Witnesses know from having studied God's word that if one has not been anointed and adopted by God so that they enjoy spiritual sonship, then one is a party to the New Covenant."

My response: I trust that was a typographical error.

-- I smiled. Hardly no one, except someone that has studied with Jehovah's Witnesses at some point in time, could have caught this. Maybe it is a typo; maybe I meant to write this in just the way I wrote it; maybe I should have written that one is not a party to this covenant at all; maybe it was just a test to see if you still remembered from whom you learned what you do about the New Covenant, and who the parties are that are bound by it. Who knows what this is?

djeggnog writes: "Well, if you have a reply to make, then make it."

My response: I question your sincerity...

Do you? That's sad, really sad to hear.

• bennyk
    bennyk

djeggnog, you have given no response to the quotes above indicating that the Watch Tower Society claims to be God's prophet.

I would characterize your digression regarding the Society's blood doctrine as a red herring.

You write: "It isn't even possible for the WTS to rewrite the history of Jehovah's Witnesses for the history of our organization...", and yet they have. The citations given in the opening post, as well as their official histories Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose and the more recent Jehovah's Witnesses -- Proclaimers of God's Kingdom disprove your claim. Additionally, you write: "You said that the citations you gave me were examples of the Watch Tower Society 'rewriting' their history, i.e. 'lying,' but many of us were alive and do not to read the Watchtower to know what things we believed in the past, and we are fully aware of what ideas we may have abandoned in order to embrace those new things we now know to be in accord with the truth [sic]." That is precisely why I refer to what the Society has done as "lying." They have deliberately written what they must know to be untrue. The Governing Body must bear the blame for this. ( “The literature published by the Watch Tower Society is published in the name of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Regardless of who may write certain articles, they are checked carefully by members of the governing body before they are published; so they are properly viewed as coming from the Society.” [ Watchtower, 01. October 1959, p. 607])

Regarding what Luke wrote at Acts 7:14, I simply refer you to the Watch Tower Society's own New World Translation -- References. Please read the footnote at Genesis 46:27. Acts 7:34,35 does not misrepresent the account in the Hebrew Scriptures, and thus is by no means analogous to what the Society has done. (Perhaps you are unaware of the concept of "agency" [cf. Matt. 8:5-13 & Luke 7:1-10]). With you, I note a progressiveness in Jehovah's purpose.

Your statement "but your 'gospel' isn't scriptural at all" is silly, and based on your acceptance of the Society's erroneous interpretation of John chapter 10. However, the Scriptures do not limit the number of anointed Christians to 144 000; cf. Galatians 4:21-31. Furthermore, the book of Revelation portrays the unnumbered Great Crowd in Heaven (in the naos [Rev. 7:15; cf. Rev.11:19; 14:17; 15:5] ). There is no question that what I preach is a gospel "different" from that of the Witnesses, but I stand by my statement that what I preach is scriptural, whereas what the Watch Tower Society promulgates is under apostolic condemnation (Gal. 1:8,9). The Society has abandoned the "one hope" offered to Christians in Ephesians 4:4-6.

I am not unfamiliar with what the Society has taught regarding the New Covenant (I was raised as a Witness and remained such several decades); I simply find no reason to accept their interpretation as scripturally correct.

Nothing in the last two paragraphs you wrote convinces me of your sincerity.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@bennyk:

djeggnog, you have given no response to the quotes above indicating that the Watch Tower Society claims to be God's prophet.

I read the quotes in your post, but what my reading of them told me is that you believe them to support your point of view. Your point of view seems to me to me -- and I could be wrong here, so please forgive me if I have totally understood it -- that the WTS is not being used by God today as His prophet. Isn't this really your point? If I am correct about this being your point in the main, then why do you claim that I have given you "no response" to the many quotes you provided in your post from various publications produced by the WTS? If you were to look at the big picture, responding to all that you have been saying here, including these quotes, is really all that I've been doing in this thread. For example, in your previous post, you objected to Jehovah's Witnesses being referred to as "prophets," even though that is exactly what all Jehovah's Witnesses are.

I can discern and have discerned from reading in this thread what you called your "gospel" that you were once actively associated with God's organization, having studied enough of the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses using various Bible study aids so that you became familiar and are now in possession of some knowledge about many of the things that the Bible teaches, which very things are what Jehovah's Witnesses, in turn, are also teaching others. But I have also discerned about you a serious deficit in spirituality, that is to say, a lack of spiritual comprehension, with respect to things of the spirit that with this post I want to bring to your attention, things about which it is quite apparent to me and things that would be apparent to any other spiritual person you simply do not know, and not because you weren't given "solid food" as part of your spiritual diet, but because you weren't able to digest all of the "food" that had been prepared for the household of faith and placed upon your plate to both eat and digest. Let me tell you this:

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't just prophets that have been given a commission by Jesus to speak God's words to others, but we are ministers of the New Covenant kindly given by God to those who have the work of bearing witness to Jesus and in company with the faithful slave, God's anointed, as well as we, Jesus' other sheep, who are serving alongside the remnant of that "little flock" in the earthly realm of God's House, giving direct worship to God, day and night, in the courtyards of God's Great Spiritual Temple, which is a holy place. I'm going to be returning to this later.

But your "gospel" has a different flavor than the one that the Bible teaches. Your gospel teaches that "[t]hose exercising faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus ... are promised full forgiveness of sin [citations], are justified (i.e. declared righteous) [citations], ... sanctified [citations] ... [and] reconciled to God [citations]," but technically there is no such promise given. Whether one is of the "little flock," who has been declared righteous for life, or of the "other sheep," who has been declared righteous as a friend of God (meaning that, like the patriarch Abraham, righteousness has only been imputed to the "other sheep"), those turning from the authority of Satan to do God's will have already received "forgiveness of sins" (Acts 26:18), those exercising faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice had already had "forgiveness of sins" published to them through Jesus by us. (Acts 13:38; John 17:18, 20)

In fact, @bennyk, everyone that puts faith in Jesus "gets forgiveness of sins through Jesus' name" at once (Acts 10:43); there is no promise of forgiveness given to anyone. Examine the scriptures and you will see that for anyone to preach a promise of forgiveness of sins to anyone is to be preaching a different gospel, for such a gospel is not scriptural.

It was in fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy (Isaiah 61:1) that Jesus indicated that his anointing by God was, among other things, to preach a release of those held as captives to spiritual bondage in the year of good will that began with Jesus' ministry in 29 AD, as well as God's day of vengeance that came upon the Jewish system of worship in 70 AD. Likewise, Jehovah's Witnesses have since 1919 been preaching a release to those held captive to the religious traditions of men in order to restore sight to those who are suffering spiritual blindness in this year of good will before God's day of vengeance comes upon this system of things at Armageddon. You are doubtless familiar with this release, but I am speaking here about another release.

For what other reason do you imagine Jesus to have sent his apostles out preaching baptism in his name, except "for forgiveness of sins"? (Acts 2:38) Baptism, mind you, is a symbol that acknowledges the repentant believer's dedication to do God's will as did Jesus in his doing God's further will after his baptism, and baptism is what signifies the request we made to God through our dedication "for a good conscience" with the "release by ransom" through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 3:21) It is the good conscience that we have toward God that is the "release," the "forgiveness of our sins."

Continuing on, your particular "gospel" also teaches that all of those that have been reconciled to God are "adopted as [God's] children [citations], [who] thereby [become] brothers of Christ" [citation]..., [and] "thus become heirs of God and joint-heirs of Christ [citations], who graciously grants everlasting life [citations]" in heaven, due to your belief that "the Scriptures do not limit the number of anointed Christians to 144 000" and you interpretation of Revelation 7:15 as portraying the unnumbered great crowd standing "before the throne of God" in heaven.

Now we're here talking about Revelation 7:15, so let me present the spiritual application of it, because it's possible that you may not have been able to digest all of the "food" that has been prepared for the household of faith and served up to you.

It is by means of His son, Jesus Christ, through "whom we have our release by ransom" that Jehovah has cleaned up His people, imputed righteousness to them, and brought them to a lovely, clean place of worship. It is for this reason that Jehovah has allowed His people to come into the grand courtyards of His great spiritual house, his great spiritual temple, in order to worship Him where Jehovah resides in person. Recall that in ancient Israel, the penalty for mingling uncleanness with Jehovah's pure worship and temple activity was death, and this serves as a warning to us today.

Note what the Law stated at Leviticus 15:31:

"'And you must keep the sons of Israel separate from their uncleanness, that they may not die in their uncleanness for their defiling of my tabernacle, which is in their midst.'"

So, in other words, even when they were back there in the wilderness, with temple activity around the tabernacle, Jehovah said you must keep them "separate from their uncleanness." In other words, anytime you participated in temple activity, temple worship, any kind of service at God's tabernacle, or anything that involved service to God, you could not have defiled yourself with any uncleanness, because Jehovah said it defiled the tabernacle. So he said, "separate." If they became unclean, there were these purification rites that they had to go through in order to become clean again, so that they couldn't defile Jehovah's tabernacle or bring uncleanness into His house.

So the separateness of the individual worshipper of God must be maintained from his uncleanness, otherwise this unclean state defiled the tabernacle, "which [was] in their midst." Likewise today, if we allow that white robe to be spotted, to become soiled with uncleanness from the world, and we fail to apply this and become 'separate from our uncleanness' and keep our white robes clean -- those "white robes" described at Revelation 7:14, 15, as they were when we dedicated our lives to do God's will and got baptized -- you see, our uncleanness will be with us.

While some may think we can hide any such spots on our robes by getting into Jehovah's direct service, by preaching the good news or preaching our own "gospel," by attending meetings at the Kingdom Hall, and all of that, it is impossible to hide such spots from the sight of Jehovah. Jehovah says that a defiled robe defiles His temple, it defiles His house, and Jehovah is very clear on this point when he says that we will "die in [our] uncleanness" if we should defile His tabernacle by not becoming "separate from [our] uncleanness."

So, today, in Jehovah's great spiritual house, we're to maintain cleanness, a white robe, clean physically, clean mentally, clean morally, clean emotionally, clean spiritually, and in every way if we are to have the privilege of serving in His temple day and night. Those are our basic responsibilities in Jehovah's great house, to render Him sacred service day and night, and to maintain the purity of our white robe, clean standing, before Him, and those who appreciate their privileges at His house will do their best to carry out their responsibilities. Like the psalmist said at Psalm 84:10:

"For a day in your courtyards is better than a thousand elsewhere. I have chosen to stand at the threshold in the house of my God, rather than to move around in the tents of wickedness."

@djeggnog wrote:

You said that the citations you gave me "were examples of the Watch Tower Society 'rewriting' their history, i.e. 'lying,' but many of us were alive and do not [need] to read the Watchtower to know what things we believed in the past, and we are fully aware of what ideas we may have abandoned in order to embrace those new things we now know to be in accord with the truth. It isn't even possible for the WTS to rewrite the history of Jehovah's Witnesses for the history of our organization is an open book to many....

@bennyk wrote:

That is precisely why I refer to what the Society has done as "lying." They have deliberately written what they must know to be untrue.

But there is a reason over the years Jehovah's Witnesses have not over the years resisted making adjustments in our understanding of the Bible, for the holy spirit has progressively given God's people a progressive understanding of His word today, so that as world events unfold, we have been blessed -- and only Jehovah's Witnesses -- to discern the fulfillment of prophecy that others cannot since God's organization is led by God's spirit, and not inspired by it, as was the case when the gifts of the spirit were operative back in the first century AD. Jesus explained at Matthew 9:16, 17:

"Nobody sews a patch of unshrunk cloth upon an old outer garment; for its full strength would pull from the outer garment and the tear would become worse. Neither do people put new wine into old wineskins; but if they do, then the wineskins burst and the wine spills out and the wineskins are ruined. But people put new wine into new wineskins, and both things are preserved."

Likewise, Jehovah's Witnesses today have no interest in "rehabilitating," as it were, information that may have appeared in extant issues of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines printed during Russell's, Rutherford's and Knorr's lifetimes, or in some of the older publications like "Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose (1959)," "'The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah'-How?" (1971), "Holy Spirit-The Force Behind the Coming New Order!" (1976) and "Jehovah's Witnesses -- Proclaimers of God's Kingdom" (1993), because you just cannot patch up a tear in an old garment with unshrunken cloth without the tear getting worse, nor would it be a good idea to put new wine into old wineskins, for the old wineskins, because they are old, will eventually burst.

While it may pose no difficulty for Christendom to hold fast to its creeds based on adherence to religious tradition, Jehovah's Witnesses endeavor to be guided by God's spirit, and so they will never try to apply a "patch" to whatever wrong ideas we may have believed and published in the past, as we must abandon the "old wineskins" in favor of putting "new wine into new wineskins."

Now you (and others here on this forum) may think it reasonable to judge Jehovah's Witnesses by things we may have understood to be true in the past, but we have since moved on to embrace God's progressive revelatory truth as we know it today according to our current understanding, and you are certainly free to so judge us, but after August 24, 2006, when the scientific definition of "planet" became official and the kids in school came to learn that Pluto was no longer considered to be a planet, they moved on, too, and stopped thinking in terms of "My Very Educated Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas," and, instead, started using "My Very Elderly Mother Just Sits Up Nights" and (as used here in Southern California) "My Very Extravagant Mother Just Sent Us Nachos" according to their current understanding.

@bennyk:

Nothing in the last two paragraphs you wrote convinces me of your sincerity.

I have no interest in convincing you of my sincerity. If you've been baptized, then you should not only have made your mind over (Romans 12:2), but you, as a dedicated servant of Jehovah, the same as I am, should be wearing a white robe and proving to yourself what God's will is, and not allowing your mind to be controlled by anyone, including an elder, but if your robe is unclean, Jehovah will simply not permit you or anyone preaching his own "gospel" as good news and not wearing a clean white robe enter His spiritual house for only those wearing white robes will come out of the great tribulation. (Revelation 7:14)

Think about this: If you should not have already gathered with the other eagles with eyes fixed on the carcass when the great tribulation begins, you could possibly be sorted to Jesus' left hand. (Matthew 24:28; 25:31-33)

• bennyk
    bennyk

djeggnog writes: "I read the quotes in your post, but what my reading of them told me is that you believe them to support your point of view. Your point of view seems to me to me -- and I could be wrong here, so please forgive me if I have totally understood it -- that the WTS is not being used by God today as His prophet. Isn't this really your point? If I am correct about this being your point in the main, then why do you claim that I have given you "no response" to the many quotes you provided in your post from various publications produced by the WTS? If you were to look at the big picture, responding to all that you have been saying here, including these quotes, is really all that I've been doing in this thread. For example, in your previous post, you objected to Jehovah's Witnesses being referred to as "prophets," even though that is exactly what all Jehovah's Witnesses are."

My response: in your post 38 (page one), you asked: "has the WTS ever indicated that its words (or edicts) were inspired or that it had been given the gift of prophecy so that it could make predictions about the future? Then how can it be said that the WTS has ever been a 'false prophet'?" It is for that reason that I provided quotes indicating the Society's spurious claims regarding God 'put[ting] his words in their mouths', and being 'behind all their preaching and educational work'. I am pleased that you acknowledge that they are "prophets" for the record of their writings proves them unequivocally "false prophets". After all, the Society itself aptly states: "How will Jehovah show that such clergy prophets are fakes? By not fulfilling what they announce to be “an utterance!” or what they presume to speak in his name. He does not back up their falsehood. “‘Here I am against the prophets of false dreams,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘who relate them and cause my people to wander about [going astray] because of their falsehoods and because of their boasting.’ ‘But I myself did not send them or command them. So they will by no means benefit this people,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.” (Jer. 23:32) Too bad for the people!" (w79 9/1 pp. 29-30, §29 The Royal “Shepherd” of Bible Prophecy) Yes, too bad for those who are affiliated with the Watch Tower Society.

Additionally, you write: " Jehovah's Witnesses aren't just prophets that have been given a commission by Jesus to speak God's words to others, but we are ministers of the New Covenant kindly given by God to those who have the work of bearing witness to Jesus and in company with the faithful slave, God's anointed..." The Society denies your claim: "While the 'other sheep' would not be of the 'little flock,' they would be ministers of God, too, but not ministers of the new covenant." (Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace", p.108) It appears that you are not especially conversant with the Society's teachings. Furthermore, you write: "we, Jesus' other sheep, who are serving alongside the remnant of that "little flock" in the earthly realm of God's House, giving direct worship to God, day and night, in the courtyards of God's Great Spiritual Temple, which is a holy place." The Scriptures place the "great crowd" in the naos, not in the courtyards (cf. Rev. 11:2 Gk).

I am in agreement with your statement: "those turning from the authority of Satan to do God's will have already received "forgiveness of sins" (Acts 26:18), those exercising faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice had already had "forgiveness of sins" published to them through Jesus by us. (Acts 13:38; John 17:18, 20) In fact, @bennyk, everyone that puts faith in Jesus "gets forgiveness of sins through Jesus' name" at once (Acts 10:43)", but you have failed to see that the Society denies these precious promises for the "other sheep", whom they declare no part of the new covenant. ("Though he is not their legal Mediator, for they are not in the new covenant, he is their means of approaching Jehovah." [w89 8/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers] ). You write: "Examine the scriptures and you will see that for anyone to preach a promise of forgiveness of sins to anyone is to be preaching a different gospel, for such a gospel is not scriptural." Exactly. I am sorry if the word "promise" in my opening post sentence you. I proclaim these promises as a present possession, having already been fulfilled. This is in contrast to what the Society teaches. Again, it appears that you are not especially conversant with the Society's teachings.

You also write: "the holy spirit has progressively given God's people a progressive understanding of His word today, so that as world events unfold, we have been blessed -- and only Jehovah's Witnesses -- to discern the fulfillment of prophecy that others cannot since God's organization is led by God's spirit, and not inspired by it..." "Progressively" is defined as: "continuing by successive steps; favoring, working for, or characterized by progress or improvement", but the Society's record does not show successive improvement when they continually prophesy things which do not come true, or replace one false teaching with a different false teaching. The Society's claim to be led by the holy spirit perhaps borders on blasphemy of said spirit.

You write: "Now you (and others here on this forum) may think it reasonable to judge Jehovah's Witnesses by things we may have understood to be true in the past, but we have since moved on to embrace God's progressive revelatory truth as we know it today according to our current understanding..." The Watch Tower Society invited us to "judge Jehovah's Witnesses by things [they] may have understood to be true in the past": viz. "Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a “prophet” of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show? " (w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’) Moreover, "your current understanding" is still incorrect.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Correction: The sentence should have read: "I am sorry if the word 'promise' in my opening post misled you. I proclaim these promises as a present possession, having already been fulfilled."

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

I read the quotes in your post, but what my reading of them told me is that you believe them to support your point of view. Your point of view seems to me to [be] ... that the WTS is not being used by God today as His prophet.... For example, in your previous post, you objected to Jehovah's Witnesses being referred to as "prophets," even though that is exactly what all Jehovah's Witnesses are.

@bennyk wrote:

[I]n your post 38 (page one), you asked: "has the WTS ever indicated that its words (or edicts) were inspired or that it had been given the gift of prophecy so that it could make predictions about the future? Then how can it be said that the WTS has ever been a 'false prophet'?" It is for that reason that I provided quotes indicating the Society's spurious claims regarding God 'put[ting] his words in their mouths', and being 'behind all their preaching and educational work'. I am pleased that you acknowledge that they are "prophets" for the record of their writings proves them unequivocally "false prophets". After all, the Society itself aptly states: "How will Jehovah show that such clergy prophets are fakes? By not fulfilling what they announce to be "an utterance!" or what they presume to speak in his name. He does not back up their falsehood. "‘Here I am against the prophets of false dreams,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘who relate them and cause my people to wander about [going astray] because of their falsehoods and because of their boasting.’ ‘But I myself did not send them or command them. So they will by no means benefit this people,’ is the utterance of Jehovah." (Jer. 23:32) Too bad for the people!" (w79 9/1 pp. 29-30, §29 The Royal "Shepherd" of Bible Prophecy) Yes, too bad for those who are affiliated with the Watch Tower Society.

While it may be the common belief of some that a prophet is someone that makes predictions, not all prophets do so; in fact, many of them are such by virtue of the fact that they deliver messages to others, communications that originate with God. So if someone should speak words in God's name that He really did not say, then that person would be a false prophet. Those people that would 'employ their tongue to steal away God's words away' (Jeremiah 23:30, 31) from those for whom Christ died by declaring things to them that the Bible does not support would be declaring falsehoods, making them false prophets.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not in the prediction-making business; we are evangelists, preachers of the good news, ambassadors substituting for Christ as representatives of God that beseech those estranged from God to become reconciled to Him through Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:20) While those who are parties to the New Covenant are an integral part of the heavenly kingdom government, New Jerusalem, their companions that assist in the work of bearing witness to Jesus are future subjects and envoys of the kingdom. Whatever it is the WTS publishes is based in part upon God's word and upon their understanding of it at that point in time. Jehovah's Witnesses prove that we are united in faith not just by their speaking the truth, but by our speaking the truth in agreement in connection with what things we teach. If any one of Jehovah's Witnesses should have a difference opinion on any doctrinal matter, they are free to voice their difference of opinion to others, even writing a letter to the WTS, for this is the means by which adjustments that would otherwise not have been made so soon are made.

But here's the thing: During the pendency of a matter being given consideration by the WTS, no one should be running ahead of our organization and begin teaching things that have not been "vetted" by those who have the responsibility of making sure that we are all united in faith and speaking in agreement. Some that have run ahead have even been disfellowshipped for a time for their doing so -- and more than once! -- even though it turns out that their view of the matter was correct! As a result, some have had to step down from serving as an elder for a time so that they might learn how not to contradict. Things are done in God's organization in an orderly manner and by arrangement, many in the organization have needed to learn how to be patient, for readjustments do not always take place over night, like, for example, many that are acquainted with God's view on blood later discover that they do not have the same view as to the sacredness of blood as does God's organization and become extremely depressed when they fail to "abstain ... from blood" and accept one or more blood transfusions in connection with what medical treatment they receive. Can you imagine how very depressed Peter was when his faith momentarily gave out? He actually denied even knowing "the man" in a way similar to how US President Bill Clinton referred to his former White House intern, Monica Lewinsky, as "that woman" with the idea that he could distance himself from Jesus -- who was not just his Lord, but his friend -- and not feel regret over knowing what he had done! Months or even years after some disfellowshipped ones that have excelled in the faith and have manifested the ability to clearly explain even the more difficult or obscure Bible topics decide that they must take some time away from God's organization so that they might more closely scrutinize their faith or whatever they feel is left of it are pulling the same stunt as did Peter in publicly denying that they were ever one of Jehovah's Witnesses when someone that did not know about their status "outs" them as having been such, which is often when the disfellowshipped one comes to realize what he or she has done and that faith-wise that they have advanced from bad to worse, and only then begin to feel regret over what they have done and over their dismal future prospects and return to us. But I digress.

@djeggnog wrote:

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't just prophets that have been given a commission by Jesus to speak God's words to others, but we are ministers of the New Covenant kindly given by God to those who have the work of bearing witness to Jesus and in company with the faithful slave, God's anointed, as well as we, Jesus' other sheep, who are serving alongside the remnant of that "little flock" in the earthly realm of God's House, giving direct worship to God, day and night, in the courtyards of God's Great Spiritual Temple, which is a holy place. I'm going to be returning to this later.

@bennyk wrote:

The Society denies your claim: "While the 'other sheep' would not be of the 'little flock,' they would be ministers of God, too, but not ministers of the new covenant." (Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace", p.108) It appears that you are not especially conversant with the Society's teachings. Furthermore, you write: "we, Jesus' other sheep, who are serving alongside the remnant of that "little flock" in the earthly realm of God's House, giving direct worship to God, day and night, in the courtyards of God's Great Spiritual Temple, which is a holy place." The Scriptures place the "great crowd" in the naos, not in the courtyards (cf. Rev. 11:2 Gk).

I am going to first address the first two of your three criticisms and come back to the third one Normally, I would just ignore this second criticism, which would be the right thing to do, since no one needs to respond to every slight, or, for that matter, any slight that someone might lob at us, but I feel like I should exercise my prerogative here and just confront you on this, for as I transition to a mindset to give an appropriate response, I know my spiritual demeanor is going to be borderline, but let me say this first:

First, you are correct in what you say about how not all of Jehovah's Witnesses become "ministers of the New Covenant," for only members of the "anointed" are parties to it, but all Jehovah's Witnesses today do have a share in this ministry of reconciliation in connection with the commission that was given in connection with the Christian ministry. In this same publication you mention in your post, however, I would like to draw your attention to the following words contained in Chapter 8, "Sharing in 'the Joy' of the 'Prince of Peace'," at paragraph 13: "Thus the 'other sheep' are serving as faithful envoys of the 'Prince of Peace.'" (Emphasis added) ["Worldwide Security Under the 'Prince of Peace'" (1986) at page 70.]

BTW, this is really not a new thought, for back in 1982, there was an article that appeared in the Watchtower, "Carry On as Men," which include the following comments at paragraph 18: "Since the close of the first world war in 1918, and notably since the memorable year of 1935, a great crowd of persons of all nationalities have responded to that entreaty extended by the anointed remnant of the kingdom heirs.... In appreciation these are acting as the companions of the remnant of 'ambassadors substituting for Christ,' and could be viewed as 'envoys substituting for Christ' in extending the appeal to be reconciled with God to still other sheeplike ones." (Emphasis added) [w82, 10/1, pp. 24, 25]

An envoy is typically a diplomat that represents a government, but it is usually the case that he or she has less authority than someone that serves as an ambassador for the government would have. However, the words expressed by an ambassador or envoy would be consistent with the laws and policies of their government.

Second, I'm going to keep this short: I am "in the truth," as they say, and I've been in the truth for many years. While I was "raised in the truth," or, as we now say it, "raised in a Christian household," because at least one of my parents was in the truth when I was a child so that I cannot really remember if I ever never attended a meeting at the Kingdom Hall. (As I am kind of a wordsmith, the vagueness in what things I'm saying here at the moment is intentional.) You don't get to tell me how conversant you think me to be with respect to "the Society's teachings." What are these "teachings" exactly?

I'm familiar with many of the things that the Bible teaches, I've conducted and am presently conducting a couple of Bible studies over the years, and then there are the weekly meetings where much teaching takes place (I'm sure you can remember the meetings to which I refer), and it's disconcerting to meet someone, albeit here in cyberspace, that used to be one of us reduced to sniping at those spiritual brothers of his that he used to give respect because you and he worshipped the same God, Jehovah. But I suppose that this is your decision, that no one forced you to make this decision, that you are here doing what things you do now because you have chosen to do them, and I believe that this is really how things ought to be, but where do you get the temerity to sum me up, to size me up, to tell me that I don't appear to you to be "especially conversant" with anything? Again, I'm going to be the rhetorical question to you again as to what only you know what you mean by the expression, "the Society's teachings": What are they?

I have read many of the messages that have been posted to this forum and I've posted messages of my own to a few of the threads here -- even started one when a thread got derailed due to the formatting used in someone's message -- but one of the things that is oft stated here, which indicates to me a degree of immaturity -- that is, a degree of immaturity in my opinion, and I believe I'm entitled to have an opinion -- as well as a lack of understanding on the part of these immature ones as to what it is Jehovah's Witnesses actually teach in this regard (as is reflected by your slight) is that Jehovah's Witnesses put their faith in "the Society's teachings," which isn't true at all.

Ask most anyone that has studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses without using any of our publications before they began attending our meetings and began to regularly associate with us and they will tell you that they are putting their faith in the Bible, or that they are putting their faith in Jehovah, because they do not make the association that you (and others here on this forum) make between the things we discuss in our Bible-based publications, like the Watchtower, and the WTS or even the governing body. They just don't. And why is this the case?

Because they know the WTS to be a corporate publishing company. where our many publications and media items are produced. They know that the WTS is staffed by Jehovah's Witnesses, and they know what you are referring to here as "the Society's teachings" as "Bible teachings," and they know this because many of them are quite deft with using the Bible to prove one of the Bible teaching that they learned through their association with Jehovah's Witnesses. They know that the WTS oversees the worldwide preaching work that is taking place in some 236 lands, including 115 branch offices and 103,267 congregations.

The WTS is not anyone's "leader," nor do Jehovah's Witnesses recognize the governing body as being the masters of our faith. They are our brothers that are taking the lead to ensure that our preaching work gets done in an organized fashion, and making sure that a suitable witness is being given to those that speak a different language than our own. Why translating our publications for consumption by those that need them, for example, is difficult work, but we endeavor to use our human and financial resources wisely to get the preaching work done as practicable as humanly possible.

The Association of Jehovah's Witnesses is not a cult; we have are no human leader, for our leader is one: Jesus Christ, who is no longer a human being, but a God in his own right, a spirit having immortality, second to Jehovah our God as will also be Jesus' spiritual brothers, Gods in their own right, spirits having immortality.

I am conversant with what things the Bible teaches on many divergent subjects. I am also conversant with what things we publish in our publications. Please note my use of the words "we" and "our." By these words, I am referring to those Jehovah's Witnesses that are actually involved in the day-to-day work of producing WTS publications, but since I am also one of Jehovah's Witnesses, my intent is to associate myself with their work by saying "we" and "our" since we are all Jehovah's Witnesses and I support the efforts of my brothers and sisters in this fine spiritual endeavor.

Now I want to take a moment here to parse the controversial statement I made to which you objected.

[1] Jehovah's Witnesses aren't just prophets that have been given a commission by Jesus to speak God's words to others, [2] but we are ministers of the New Covenant kindly given by God to those who have the work of bearing witness to Jesus and in company with the faithful slave, God's anointed, as well as we, Jesus' other sheep, who are serving alongside the remnant of that "little flock" [3] in the earthly realm of God's House, giving direct worship to God, day and night, in the courtyards of God's Great Spiritual Temple, which is a holy place.

I am saying here that Jehovah's Witnesses are [1] prophets, that they have been given a commission by Jesus to speak to others about God's kingdom, even though that commission was given to those of his "little flock." I am saying that Jehovah's Witnesses are [2] ministers of the New Covenant .... "in company with ... God's anointed" as well as [with] ... Jesus' other sheep, who are serving alongside ... that 'little flock."

Note that I did not say here that all Jehovah's Witnesses are "ministers of the New Covenant" without the inclusion of any qualifiers, do I? Being "in the truth" for as long as I have been makes it difficult for me to make certain statements on the 'net without the use of qualifiers, since (a) I do not know who is reading my posts and (b) I do not wish to mislead anyone into thinking I was saying something in one of my written communications that I really didn't intend to write. Ok?

[3] As to the third of your three criticisms by asking you whether you know where God's Great Spiritual Temple is. Do you know or don't you? You wrote that 'the Scriptures do not place the "great crowd" in the courtyards, citing Revelation 11:2, though I know not why since this verse has nothing at all to do with the "great crowd" and everything to do with the anointed.

Tell me: How familiar are you with Ezekiel's visionary temple, the one described in the book of Ezekiel, the 40th through the 42nd chapters? God dwells in his sanctuary, in the "Most Holy" of his Great Spiritual Tabernacle, by spirit, and those of Christ's body, his anointed underpriests, are the ones represented by the spiritual house where God dwells in person, and this 'trampling' about which Revelation 11:2 speaks doesn't refer to New Jerusalem in heaven, but to the anointed remnant here on earth when they were undergoing persecution during WWI for those 42 months.

The temple courtyard represents the righteous standing of those standing in it; those standing in the inner courtyard where only the anointed underpriests stand, and the "great crowd" are the ones that the apostle John sees in his vision at Revelation 7:9, 10, 13-15, wearing white robes and standing in the outer courtyards alongside other nonpriestly worshippers of Jehovah.

When these underpriests complete their earthly course, they will then pass through the inner curtain of the temple that separates the "Holy" compartment from the "Most Holy," which is heaven itself (Hebrews 9:24), and upon being resurrected to immortal heavenly life, will find themselves standing in the Most Holy before the very person of Jehovah, who, along with Jesus Christ, is the temple of New Jerusalem! (Revelation 21:22)

I am in agreement with your statement: "those turning from the authority of Satan to do God's will have already received "forgiveness of sins" (Acts 26:18), those exercising faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice had already had "forgiveness of sins" published to them through Jesus by us. (Acts 13:38; John 17:18, 20) In fact, @bennyk, everyone that puts faith in Jesus "gets forgiveness of sins through Jesus' name" at once (Acts 10:43)", but you have failed to see that the Society denies these precious promises for the "other sheep", whom they declare no part of the new covenant. ("Though he is not their legal Mediator, for they are not in the new covenant, he is their means of approaching Jehovah." [w89 8/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers] ).

Recall that in an earlier post, I told you that you were preaching a different gospel, for you wrote:

I do indeed speak to others regarding the "good news", viz.: ... [T]hey are reconciled to God [citations] and adopted as His children [citations], thereby becoming brothers of Christ [citation], who serves as their Advocate [citations], High Priest [citations], and Mediator [citations]. Christians thus become heirs of God and joint-heirs of Christ [citations], who graciously grants everlasting life [citations]. As you see, the Gospel I preach is scriptural.

[and]

In fact, the Society's doctrines deny 99.8% of their followers entrance into the New Covenant, which means the so-called Witnesses are ' without hope and without God' [citation].

At that time, you noticed the bracketed "not" was missing and wrote:

I trust that was a typographical error.

Now you seem to have renewed the point that you had earlier made, which point you had identified as being a part your "gospel," namely, your belief that you are somehow a party to the New Covenant. However, if you are not one of the "anointed," spiritual sonship has nothing to do with you and you have not been adopted as one of God's children, and neither are you one of Christ's anointed brothers, for only those chosen by God to be "heirs of God and joint-heirs of Christ" -- the anointed -- are the ones that are parties to the New Covenant.

This allegation you keep making here isn't scriptural, and the WTS has nothing at all to do with what things the Bible itself teaches. Cite the scripture(s) that support your particular viewpoint; prove yourself to be more righteous than what things you read in our publications. Bluster is a bluff and isn't"proof" of anything. I'm not like many Witnesses that need to consult a publication or need to do a bit of research; I actually know the Scriptures that support what things I believe, and I suspect the reason your use the very WTS publications with which you disagree is because you are not clear on the scriptures that support your beliefs.

The WTS doesn't deny anyone of the"other sheep" any "promise," and frankly I find it interesting that you are here bashing the WTS for the things it writes, but are referring to the "other sheep," a designation that Jehovah's Witnesses use, but which Christendom does not use at all. It does appear that your "gospel" recognizes that Jesus has a "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is a party of a "new covenant," and earlier you did mention a "little flock" that I suppose you believe to be also a party to this same "new covenant" to which the "other sheep" are a party, but all of this raises a slew of questions in my mind as to your particular flavor of gospel, and here's one of them regarding your view of the anointed:

At Matthew 24:21, 22, Jesus said:

For then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

I assume that you believe yourself to be one of these "chosen ones," but would this "flesh" that will be saved perhaps be innocent babies and children that will come out of the other side of the "great tribulation" and be saved through Armageddon? I ask since many people on this forum find it anathema that Jehovah would destroy the children of the wicked at Armageddon, so who do you teach to be the "flesh" that Jesus says is going to saved?

You write: "Examine the scriptures and you will see that for anyone to preach a promise of forgiveness of sins to anyone is to be preaching a different gospel, for such a gospel is not scriptural." Exactly. I am sorry if the word "promise" in my opening post sentence you. I proclaim these promises as a present possession, having already been fulfilled. This is in contrast to what the Society teaches. Again, it appears that you are not especially conversant with the Society's teachings.

I have no response.

You also write: "the holy spirit has progressively given God's people a progressive understanding of His word today, so that as world events unfold, we have been blessed -- and only Jehovah's Witnesses -- to discern the fulfillment of prophecy that others cannot since God's organization is led by God's spirit, and not inspired by it..." "Progressively" is defined as: "continuing by successive steps; favoring, working for, or characterized by progress or improvement", but the Society's record does not show successive improvement when they continually prophesy things which do not come true, or replace one false teaching with a different false teaching. The Society's claim to be led by the holy spirit perhaps borders on blasphemy of said spirit.

I have no response.

You write: "Now you (and others here on this forum) may think it reasonable to judge Jehovah's Witnesses by things we may have understood to be true in the past, but we have since moved on to embrace God's progressive revelatory truth as we know it today according to our current understanding..." The Watch Tower Society invited us to "judge Jehovah's Witnesses by things [they] may have understood to be true in the past": viz. "Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show? " (w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’) Moreover, "your current understanding" is still incorrect.

I realize that you do not know to whom you are speaking -- not really -- so I'm just going to tell you that I have written many articles and I'm more studious than most: I do not require you or require anyone at all to post any of the articles that have appeared in any of the WTS publications. I have all of them at my fingertips and I have probably read most of them, except for a few of the Golden Age and Awake! magazines, and only to review some of the zany comments brought to my attention over the years that appeared in them. You seem to be grandstanding and speaking to others here on the forum, but I don't care that you have some "beef" with the WTS; I really don't, and (b) you seem to repeat yourself for no real reason, except that you can.

I am going to ask that you please try to pretend that other folks on this forum won't be reading your posts, because in this post as well as in other responses to your post, you have made me feel like you are here representing their gripes against the WTS when I have nothing to do with your or their ill feelings for the WTS. Just talk to me. Thanks in advance.

• bennyk
    bennyk

It was my growing familiarity with the older WTS publications which led me to conclude that the true God has nothing to do with the Watch Tower Society.

• moshe
    moshe

If Jehovah couldn't even get his name in the Bible, doesn't that tell us something about this arduous topic here? The truth, good news, ransom sacrifice theory, etc, etc, the entire body of unique WT dogmas are not the the result of Jehovah directing the one true followers of him, but the result of human interpretation of a body of work known as the Bible, that men prefaced with the word "holy", in order to keep us from seeing it as a human-created body of writings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit