Tips on going to my first DC in 12 years...

by Aussie Oz 28 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

Make sure to take some toothpicks to keep your eyes open....... or you could just stab them into your eyeballs to stop them rolling into your head

• tec
    tec

Be very careful taking your kids. They shouldn't see it as any sign of approval.

I agree. Don't take your kids. Even with an explanation of why you're doing it. Another side effect could be that you're NOT sure about what the WTS is teaching, so you need to go first before you can fully refuse it.

Could get played on that way by the ex.

Tammy

• undercover
    undercover
    Any suggestions? you may feel free to slap me too if you think i need it!

Don't go!

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

MASOCHIST!

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

If you want to hear the generation talk, maybe you could just go to the last talk on Sunday for an hour and not bring your kids.

Get there late and leave early so no one can track you down and need to have a "chat" with you. (I'm not sure of your situation, but when my sister went to a convention after moving away 1 year earlier and wasn't DF'd or anything, she was hounded by an elder as soon as she got in the building. He came out of nowhere, pulled her aside and had a long talk with her to press her for information.)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have the Sunday generation talk mp3 and outline. Give me a call if you want them.

I think the kids get enough of that rubbish when they are with their mum.

If there is a high probability that certain members would behave like right royal a*holes because you are DF/DA, you could get them to perform their act in front of your kids, but that is the only reason I can think of for taking them.

Cheers

Chris

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I can understand your desire to go out of curiosity now that you are totally deprogrammed. But do not take your kids. That would confuse them even more.

Good luck whatever you decide.

• crapola
    crapola

I would'nt go!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

well slap me thrice and hand me to me mamma...

thanks for the slaps!

I wont take the kids and they will not know if i go.

If i go i won't look like me either!

undecided... you all have good points!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit