Tips on going to my first DC in 12 years...

by Aussie Oz 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Here are a few tips-1.Practice butt hardening exercises so that you can take sitting for hours in the seat.

2. Practice bladder control so that you won't have to leave your seat during the session and disturb those around you.

3. Practice head-nodding so that at appropriate times you can nod with the audience...as when the speaker says, "And so we can appreciate what Jesus evidently meant when he said the word 'generation.'"

4. Take some anti-nausea pills....looks like you're gonna need 'em.

• changeling
    changeling

You can't take your kids AND go in disguise. That makes no sense. :)

• watson
    watson

The new symposium format made it very difficult to get some quality sleep time.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Oz......I agree with the ones who say taking your kids could be seen as a sign of approval. You will have a much better time with your wife. If you do decide to go, have fun with it.

After 15 years, I think it could be fun to go to one day of an assembly. I would love to hook up with someone in the Houston area and do that, but only if we went out and took a long lunch break.

Think About It

• nelly136
    nelly136

hemorrhoid cream 2 tampax and a cushion......when your ears start to bleed insert the cream and tampax, chew on the cushion so no one can hear you scream.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Don't take the kids. Better to leave them home alone for a few hours than see you mock their or their mom's religion.

Please don't.

-Aude.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Make sure to take some toothpicks to keep your eyes open....

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I went back to a few meetings and a convention day after 12 years for similar reasons. If you're anything like me you'll sit there and it'll finally sink in that you're listening to alot of BS.

It was an eye opener for me. It's just impossible to sit there and take it all in knowing what you now know.

Paul

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Two words...

Green Bible

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, if you can handle it,more power to you. I'm still in my fade, and I'm not going. It's just the same old, same old. Here goes, end is near, no college, worldly interests and associates bad. Experiences of various ages of people giving up their life and comforts to pioneer. Last year some poor couple even gave up their cat to go into the international building work. There will be a talk about family life, usually is. Last year, some poor little 12 year old faced persecution from her unbelieving step-mother, because she wanted the girl to volunteer and take care of animals. But, of course, that would be too much worldly association.

And besides the program, attentants with signs, please be quiet, take your seat. Be glad you aren't a sister and have to put up with the long lines to the restrooms. If you get there early, watch everyone herd in like cattle when they open the doors to find the best seats.

Don't forget your own lunch, because you're not allowed to leave once your inside. Well, I'm exaggerating there, but close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit