Tips on going to my first DC in 12 years...

by Aussie Oz 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I am seriously considering going to the DC here in Adelaide.

I want to hear first hand stuff i have only read about, i want to see how it feels to be a fly on the wall.

I want to record the program and get the new releases.

I want to hear what my kids are made to hear.

Any suggestions? you may feel free to slap me too if you think i need it!

I will however need to either

a) go in disguise

b) take my kids (it actually falls on my weekend with them, in previous years i have allowed an adjustment so they could go)

slap away my friends!

oz

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's good to go!!! I feel like I've landed on planet "Brainwash" and I'm an Astronaut in a space suit just looking at the aliens around me.

When's the Melborne dates.....I need to go along so when they mention the new "generation" theory I can laugh my ass off, and pretend to fall down the steps in shock!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Oh sorry my "tip" is get a front row seat with the old and infirm and....everytime a speaker says something you disagree with, just stand up and yell........NO MATE THAT"S WROOOOOONG!! See how long you last before the Watchtower bouncers move in.

I plan to start an Apostate Wave in the crowd...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would suggest bringing a recording device or other transcription device. Take liberal notes if you can; also note where they seem to deliberately make taking notes difficult. For now, don't pay too much attention to discrepancies--it will be impossible to take accurate notes if you do. But you should mark them inconspicuously at this time. Try to write what they are saying, or get a transcription of what they are actually saying.

After you get home, now is the time to tear apart the notes. Now, do the research on how they are making it difficult to take notes, and what they are doing that is not in the Bible. Pay key attention to what goes on Sunday afternoon, with the "a generation" talk, and how they try to present it. Also, pay attention to anything about disfellowshipped family or unbelieving relatives--they are trying to drive families apart. And once you finish dissecting it, then post what you heard here on this site.

Also, pay particular attention to the new Kingdumb maladies. Observe what you see. Are they singing them correctly? Do people seem to be enjoying them? Or, are they dogging singing them, hating them, grumbling about them, or singing way off key? Or, are the songs so poorly written (and the accompaniment so poorly performed) that singing them right is impossible?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Be very careful taking your kids. They shouldn't see it as any sign of approval.

You would be better to take them down to the jetty, fishing. It's not till September so the weather should be nice. Bite time is about 8.00 am on the Saturday and it is nearly new moon so the fish won't have found much food overnight and should be hungry. Use plenty of chum.

Cheers

Chris

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I cannot stand to listen to the MP3 of the talks thats been posted here.

I undersand you wanting to see it first hand, but it will probably be anti-climatic (or frustrating as all hell.) Most dubs will sit there and if they aint asleep nod in faux understanding of this 'new light' and forget about it before it sinks in. The conditioning will have done its job and most will not even notice.

Just my .02.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't...like darth frosty, I can't listen to talks, it the sound and cadence of their voices that make me . If you go get there just as it starts (after the prayer) and leave during the final song and wait by the literature distribution brothers. Don't take your kids. Just tape it and take notes later as you listen in increments.

Blondie (do WT in increments and I don't have to listen or go to the KH either)

• designs
    designs

Cruise the Parking lot with your window down and yell 'I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it any longer" then go stand next to Danny Hazzard with a placard

or you could go Surfing.............

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

/slap

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't think I could take an entire session, let alone an entire day or the full convention. I tried listening to the mp3 that was posted here and all it did was make me angry and frustrated at the blatant manipulation and oppression.

I wouldn't attend with my kids if I were you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit