Is it really so that some people here became Catholic after leaving the Borg?

by gubberningbody 52 Replies latest jw friends

• NanaR
    NanaR

I became an inactive JW in the mid 1990s. I was baptized in the Catholic Church on March 22, 2008. In between I was pretty much an agnostic.

The Roman Catholic Church is really nothing like the Watchtower Society. The Watchtower folk stole the hierarchial structure, but the operation of the Witnesses and the operation of the Catholic Church is completely different. Tom Cabeen has written a great article about this; it is posted at catholicxjw.com .

I am very happy as a Roman Catholic. Suddenly all those scriptures I read over the years actually make sense. Plus, I have a real relationship with Jesus Christ. I no longer hold any resentment towards the Witnesses, only sadness that so many good people are held captive by a lie.

I don't hang out here very much anymore. Too busy enjoying my life.

BTW, I don't intend to defend any position here on the board. If someone actually wants to ask me a question, please pm me.

Thanks!

Ruth

aka Nana Ruth

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The Watchtower folk stole the hierarchial structure, but the operation of the Witnesses and the operation of the Catholic Church is completely different.

That is what Ed Dunlap meant by his comment - the hierarchial structure is quite like the RCC.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The Watchtower relishes the image of being a pure congregation, a "showcase of saints." The church considers itself to be the "hospital for sinners."

Quandry, that line isn't original with me. I can't remember who said it, so I can't give the author due credit. All I contributed was applying it to the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit