Prince: How the rock legend turned his life around

by Dogpatch 36 Replies latest jw friends

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

I thought Prince was sincere about being a JW after "The Rainbow Children" , his very PRO JW CD, amazing amazing album I might add! But I'm confused by him. For a JW's his newer albums still have "dirty" lyrics and undertones that I'm sure the JWs would not approve of. The lyrics to Bria Valente's album (which he wrote) are also dirty in some parts, so I'm confused. Also, his attitude in general is not very christian. Or Christ-like. He's still a bit of a jerk.

I was in Chanhassen in 2004 and thought about visiting the Kingdom Hall there in hopes of running into Prince but then thought, "Nah, he doesn't go." Apparentlyl I should have! :)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Prince isn't different than a lot of us whose lives were out of control and the WTB&TS provided a pretty snowglobe with a paradise and a scary god who promised to murder us and not let us inside that snowglobe unless we got our lives under his control. The paradise was the lure. The fear factor was the ultimate motivation.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think he's just taken on the Christian persona as a means to cover over his past " Dirty "

public image of himself. Still quite the egotistical self loving narcissist thats commercially over hyped.

He's not the little dirty one anymore he's the righteous little dirty one now.

Totally clean and separate from his past.

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

I think it's a way for him to be the "Ultimate" self righteous jerk. I can tell the "old" Prince is still there.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I have to say that I was a little "surprised" and disappointed at his concert in edmonton recently.

he has a huge catalogue of songs to choose from and he even mentioned this to the audience that night.

some of his popular songs he didn't play, some other songs he didn't play all the way through(medley) ...but some "controversial" ones he played right through from beginning to end ...that was a drag except that I could rest my hands from clapping cuz they were sore.

for the price of tickets I don't understand why he felt he had to ask the audience if we loved him...it was so obvious

+ the white flag with rainbow musical notes and an angel blowing a horn makes me wonder if he sees himself as... O nevermind......

love michelle

• steve2
    steve2

Apparently he was 'guilted' back into the organization during his late mother's death bed urgings. Above all the weirdness and creativity he is after all "only" a human - and the dire need for even our dying mommas' approval is a spring from which many of us bad children have at one time or another almost drowned in. (Okay momma, I'm sorry for being a bad boy and I'll be a good boy just for you. Now will you get the hell off my back?!")

His supposed turning his back on his "dirty" songs was never well thought through. Besides, by withholding their performance, he inadvertently increased the appeal of those songs. Like many superstars he also easily loses touch with reality. His simplistic, touchy-feely outlook reminds me of the late Michael Jackson: Too old to be a child, but too unaware of how ridiculous he looks trying to be a child.

• orbison11
    orbison11

ok, we all know the National Enquirer is just tabloid trash,,,but on occasion it has been known to print a few right on stories,,,so on their web site today i was quite surprised (well, not really) to read about Boy George sleeping with Prince,,,spoken during the taping of "The Voice",,,

"""

George replied, "Forget that, darling. I've slept with Prince!"

That's not the kind of pillow talk that Prince wants to hear — since he's now a devout Jehovah's Witness, and his religion says that homosexuality is a sin!""""

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/Boy%20George%20Prince%20Sex%20Scandal%20Voice

Oct.30, 2015

(What sayeth thou now Prince??)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I heard that story about Boy George today too, plus the fact that I heard his new single on the radio this week and he's back to singing suggestive lyrics. If some brothers got together and formed a band and the singer sang the same words, you know they'd be reported to the elders and in that back room in no time, however, Prince can get away with it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi, seen all the Kevin smith stuff really funny

Wasblind Down to one position now!!!LOL

He's done some good stuff, sign of the times most noticeably, but I think he's incredibly over rated

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

I like his early stuff like 'Dirty Mind'

Its a very groovy track.

Seems that a rep for the show claims that it was a joke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit