Do you know of any JWs that cancelled their wedding at the very last minute?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do know one JW guy that was not spiritually strong and his fiance dumped him few days before the wedding that was supposed to take place at the Kingdom Hall in the early 1990's because he was not serious enough in the "truth", now that guy has 3 bible studies and he is in good standing in the congregation and he is now married to another sister. I saw his profile at facebook not long ago. Do you know of any examples like this?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In a hall I attended, a "brother" moved into the cong. while dating one of our "sisters." We all knew she wasn't all that stable, but she put up a pretty good front. Some people told him about her but he loved her and got engaged to her. They were about 2 weeks from the marriage (not the very last minute, but close) when she finally snapped while out on a date in front of him and his family.

I don't know what she said, but she had some kind of breakdown and said something along the lines of "Wait until I got you as mine." She scared him and he immediately broke it off.

As one of the elders, I fully supported what he did. I even changed a public talk I had about marriage to include the thought that it is never too late to break it off before the wedding if you cannot go through with it, even if everyone is already at the KH waiting for the wedding to start, "...but try to be sure much sooner than that."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A pioneer dumped the loser "honcho elders" son..... Daddy did`nt like that..

The girl got public reproof..

Jr must have proposed to every available female in the congregation..He finally got one..

Then he ran off with his neighbour..A nurse..

LOL!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, I know of two cases- both where someone admitted to fornication. In one case the girl ended up admitting to it as well and both were dfed. In the other case the girl came forward, the guy denied it...she got dfed...he got nothing.

• asilentone
    asilentone

what a justice! (sarcastic remark)

• elderelite
    elderelite

we have had a few marriges in our hall that SHOULD have been called off.. i respect the no divorceee thing a lot. My wife and I went through some tough times when we were young and newly married. I dont know what would have happened if that divocee thing didnt come with the styigma from the org. But there are some marriages in our hall that are just plain bad and it serves no purpose to conintue it. Dont know what to do about it but i see the good and bad in it.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew a sister who was marrying a fine man but she realized he was not for her, not forever. She was afraid to face everybody, including her own family. So she just drove the other direction and left him at the altar, leaving her family to sort it out. She never moved back; just reinvented herself on the other side of the continent.

I agree though it is better to decide before the wedding than after that they are not the person for you.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ASilentone, in that case (which involved 2 congs) the girl in my cong had some very difficult elders. They made her sit out about 10 months...delaying her reinstaement because she came late to a few meetings when coming from work. They also told her she can not sit up front with her parents but had to sit in the back by herself.

The boy in the other cong (not dfed or reproved) was the PO's son...a big name elder.

• asilentone
    asilentone

unbelievable!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Almost every JW wedding I went to was a mistake that should have been cancelled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit