Discussion on the way out of convention

by Mickey mouse 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Exactly, potleg. It doesn't matter what the noo lite says, it is the fact that there is new light at all that gets the rank and file JWs jazzed up.

They could have said, "When speaking of the 'generation' that would 'by no means pass away' Jesus was speaking of members of the anointed class. These faithful ones, from the year 1914 onward, would never see death, being transformed 'in the twinkling of an eye' into spirit kings and priests alongside Christ in the heavenly Kingdom. Evidently, since these faithful anointed would never see death, it is in this sense that the 'generation' would 'by no means pass away' before the great day of Jehovah at Armageddon." The rank and file would have bought that.

They could have said, "Evidently, Jesus was referring to the generation of electricity that would 'by no means pass away' before the great day of Jehovah at Armageddon," and the majority of Dubs would have bought that, too.

They're under thought, emotion, information, and behavior control.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is why you are supposed to be wasting all your time in field circus. You cannot think clearly about what you are supposed to be teaching if you are kept urgently trying to reach people with the message. Get out at 5:30 in the morning, write letters (and waste your stamps) until 1:30 in the morning, quit school or work and pio-sneer, and so on. There simply isn't time for anyone to actually do the research and find out if it's even supported by the Bible, let alone true.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

There were some saying that the WBTS made they change since they realize this original interpretation was not "clear". I wanted to hurl and all I could say was I do not like how they can say "oops this is now what the generation will not pass" meant. I know they are trying to give th society the benefit of the doubt but not to even scratch their heads and say wait a minute (if even for a split second) is nuts.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Don't tell me they've come up with yet another explanation of the generation???

This is ridiculous!

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

What I'm seeing and hearing from my friends that are still "in" and hooked, they don't care about the new generation understanding. My mom for one says that she always thought it was like this new understanding, I call bullshit, told her if that was true than she wasn't keeping up with "Jehovah's chariot" (hows that for counter-attack) she just gave me that look like yeah whatever. My one friend says that this convention was the best one yet... right, how many times have we heard them say that? Every new DC that comes out? Yeah, that's what I thought. I asked her what new point that she enjoyed. Her response, oh it was just so good and encouraging! I asked, what about the further explanation to the new generation understanding? She goes, huh?

That's right folks, people are drinking the kool-aid and not caring, not knowing, and taking the bait like good drones do...

• wasblind
    wasblind

They can drink it all they want to,

but they better not offer me anymore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit