Its the 5th. dont forget to turn in your service time

by elderelite 19 Replies latest social humour

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I forgot - do you round up or round down. I put in 22 hours and 30 minutes of "preaching to the pulpit" time.

Oh - do I include the 45 minutes that I spent explaining to the Republican lady that came by the house that I would not be voting for her candidate. Rather than tell the whole truth - that I was a "demon crat" - I told her that I used to be a JW and trying to vote makes me peepee my pants and my heartrate go up. I explained that it was now reflexive to vote for "None of the Above" just in case one or both of the candidates were agents of the Devil.

So roll 'em up? or roll 'em down?

• moshe
    moshe

I quit turning in time over 20 years ago after I read the Orwellian world of JW's- some call it an OMG moment- anyway, I never tuned in another minute of time- I do remember later that month the CO having a pained look on his face when I cornered him with the "goods" about the WT Org.

(I had just finished reading , Crisis of Conscience) Having that OMG moment is the first step, but it is what you do next that counts- become a free man or willingly continue to be a slave of the WT Cult religion. This is what separates the men from the stooges.

I think that CO never ratted me out, because he knew it was all a phoney religion, too, but he was unable to muster the strength to leave and live the life he was meant to live, as a free man.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The FS report is the thermometer for your spiritual health. Nothing else matters.

• blondie
    blondie

DS, a rectal thermometer?

• chickpea
    chickpea

seems a true christian has many cheeks to turn

• elderelite
    elderelite

I quit turning in time over 20 years ago after I read the Orwellian world of JW's- some call it an OMG moment- anyway, I never tuned in another minute of time- I do remember later that month the CO having a pained look on his face when I cornered him with the "goods" about the WT Org.
    (I had just finished reading , Crisis of Conscience) Having that OMG moment is the first step, but it is what you do next that counts- become a free man or willingly continue to be a slave of the WT Cult religion. This is what separates the men from the stooges.
    I think that CO never ratted me out, because he knew it was all a phoney religion, too, but he was unable to muster the strength to leave and live the life he was meant to live, as a free man.

LOL mosche I tell you... you are not one to miss a chance to take a shot are you. As a man I sincerely hope, when my day comes, that I will go out in a blaze of glory. I dont want to be found begging for my life and cowering like a dog. I want both guns blazing. However, my day has not come. The odds are not insurmountable just yet. I believe discretion is the better part of valor. My hope is walk away from this thing arm in arm with my wife and kids, not being ostracized by them. The worst part would not be losing them per say, but not doing everything i can to save them. And that means, for now, playing the role of the good lil elder whist I work behind the scenes to wake them the hell up. To my mind, mosche, that's what a man does. Sucks it the hell up in order to whats best for those he is entrusted to protect. and once all the viable options are expended.. Then you'll see both my six guns blazing, with one left in my shirt pocket for me. until then, i remain

elder-elite

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Yeah... thanks for the reminder, I have 2 voicemail messages on my blackberry from the Secretary asking for my time. I refuse to take his calls and since I won't be attending any meetings soon he won't get it!

• goldensky
    goldensky

In my eyes, you are an honest, brave and wise man, Elderelite. Sticking around the organization once you've seen the whole picture just for the sake of gaining your wife and kids requires in many cases much more courage, resilience and willpower than getting out of it from one day to the next. Congratulations to you.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

seems a true christian has many cheeks to turn

You guys are funny!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Designer Stubble said

The FS report is the thermometer for your spiritual health. Nothing else matters.

It's not just the thermometer for your spiritual health, it's the one for who and what you are as a person. As a JW just about everything about you as a person is defined by that number on a slip of paper each month. Sick isn't it.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit