Its the 5th. dont forget to turn in your service time

by elderelite 19 Replies latest social humour

• elderelite
    elderelite

Just a friendly reminder...

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

HA, you almost had me there! Close to 3 years out, and yet I still got a twinge of guilt pangs seeing that I hadn't put in even 5 minutes of so-called 'service'... good one!

• zoiks
    zoiks

Don't DO that!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I remember now, how often the service overseer used to remind the congregation that the 5th was the absolute DEADLINE for turning in time for the previous month....

• wobble
    wobble

I think I shall not give a report for June 2010,

after all I have not given one since February 2007, and that was mostly fiction, such good fiction it nearly won a prize !

• chickpea
    chickpea

a solid 22 hours, placed 14 magazines
    and started a study.... in one week!

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think they have to get it in so early any more because it is reported online. But I remember those days, my husband did the report.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Does anyone have any calls? It's too hot to go door-to-dor and I don't feel like telephone witnessing.

• pirata
    pirata

Recently I had not turned it in my time and got a call. I said, "Since I missed the cut-off, I thought I'd just sent it in with next months". They said "Oh, that's okay, you can still turn it in now".

Evidently, they silently changed it to the 20th (but don't tell the publishers): http://governingbodyletters.blogspot.com/2008/12/field-service-reports.html

PS. Evidently the maintainer of the above blog is also a reader of this board as I just found one of my posts on it

• elderelite
    elderelite

yes that is true. Time dosent have to be in until the 20th since it is done via the JW.org web site. And yes we were told not to tell the pubs about the adjustment. I feel like a fool. I didnt mention it to my wife. In fact i hid it from her in good elder fashion. What a good company man i was...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit