What's my "problem" with JWs a couple videos people have enjoyed...

by Tuesday 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    You say nothing about what she should do about the answers and whether she agrees with them or not

My chief concern is my daughter's happiness. Even if it makes me unhappy, if she's happy that's what matters to me. So if she finds answers that she can accept and it happens to agree with the JW mentality, so be it.

I questioned the witnesses and tested the Bible answers they gave me hense I became one. I questioned other Christian religions and didn't like the unbiblical answers they gave me hense why I rejected them.

How much knowledge did you have about the bible before you questioned their answers. If you know nothing about history when a JW answers with something like "We know that 1914 was the time of the end because World War I was the casualty heavy war until that time" you'll think it's a great answer. If you know history you'll know the An Shi Rebellion in 13th century China killed more. If they tell you that Earthquakes are increasing, unless you've done the research to know they're not then you'll accept the answer. If you don't really know what the trinity teaches JWs will tell you a different teaching of what the trinity is then destroy that straw man (a logical fallacy which I mention in my videos) you'll accept the answer. But if you're knowledgeable in the scriptures used to back the trinity and what the trinity actually teaches you'll know what they're telling you the trinity teaches is false.

I assume you mean Hence here right and not Hense?

Would you mind giving me an example of some of the things you've questioned and what were the answers you were given? I have a feeling you were snowballed because you weren't familiar with the subjects before the answers were provided to you.

We can question but there is a point when you have to see where the right answer is and commit to it.

The right answer is always the one that stands up to scrutiny. If someone tells me that Jerusalem fell in 607 but that doesn't stand up to the archeological test then guess what? It's not the right answer, even if I had previously committed to it.

Keep up the good work and don't cut your hair unless you really want to. I think long hair looks great on a man and 30 is not old!!!

I'm probably keeping it until a little after my birthday just because I need to cope with losing it, I've had long hair since I was 19, it's going to be strange not having it. I've made fun of people over 30 for having long hair, so I can't go and be that guy. LOL.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Excellent work, Tim!

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Good job. What is the music you are using? It is interesting.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Ain't No Rest For the Wicked by Cage The Elephant.

• debator
    debator

Hi Tueday

I do not make my religion choices on prophecy related topics as anyone that has read my posts will know. Prophecy prediction is only 100% in hindsight so is very subjective and subject to error at best. Jesus had to reveal to the Jews where he fulfilled prophecy after the fact.

Luke 24:27
    And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

It is very limiting and narrow a viewpoint to judge by one aspect of the Bible alone because no group on earth could get 100 percent accuracy because prophecy is so subjective. But we should still use it though for the sake of readiness and being on "watch"

I test them on how biblically sound they are and Jehovah's witnesses win hands down.

If you want to judge on prophecy predictions alone that is your choice but most Christian religions don't even try to use the Bible chronology or prophecies anymore. They simply ignore them. To be honest Armageddon is a very uncomfortable fit with the "we get judged and either all goto heaven or hell when we die" doctrine which would render Armageddon superfluous.

Tuesday while to question and test is healthy. Should we question to the point where nothing can appear accurate and we doubt everything?

Titus 1:15
    To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    I test them on how biblically sound they are and Jehovah's witnesses win hands down.

Please provide your proof here. For example let's take the trinity, do you know if God is a trinity or not 100% certain?

Sure there are scriptures of Jesus saying that the Father is greater than he is, but then there are also scripture that say Jesus had emptied himself and that he and the father am one. Then there are scriptures where Paul refers to God and Christ using the same word.

So the question becomes which is more biblically sound, the interpretation that throws out three scriptures, throws out four scriptures, ignores certain translations of the ancient Greek, etc.

Another example would be something like the Great Crowd, we're supposed to believe that they are on Earth because they're described in one scripture as being at God's footstool which in another scripture is correlated to Earth. We have to ignore a scripture that says literally they are in heaven and ignore another scripture that the four living creatures are at God's footstool as well.

If you want to judge on prophecy predictions alone that is your choice but most Christian religions don't even try to use the Bible chronology or prophecies anymore. They simply ignore them. To be honest Armageddon is a very uncomfortable fit with the "we get judged and either all goto heaven or hell when we die" doctrine which would render Armageddon superfluous.

I don't judge on prophesy predictions, I barely mention it in this video. What does the bible say about those who say "the end is near", if you check in the Emphat Diaglett (which I'm sure I misspelled I've been up with a sick 2 year old) Matt 24:5 actually says "There will be those who say they're ANOINTED, do not go after them". The whole chapter is about groups that say do not go after people saying the end is close because they are wrong. Think about the scripture where it says "They will say he is in the desert, or he is in the inner chamber." When Jesus returned invisibly to heaven, where do JWs say he returned? Come now, think of the Revelation book... that's right in the inner chamber.

Really then other Christian religions don't try to use bible chronology and prophesies because Jesus said those who would you shouldn't follow.

Tuesday while to question and test is healthy. Should we question to the point where nothing can appear accurate and we doubt everything?

As opposed to what? Accepting everything on face value. Or do we say "OK all this seems to be somewhat correct, maybe I should just accept all the rest, I mean who needs actual truth?" Or "All these things seem wrong, but there are two or three things right therefore they must be right".

I'm sorry though, do you think God thinks certain religions having a few of his teachings wrong is OK but other religions having teachings wrong is not OK? Why would God show that sort of favoritism?

"Jehovah's Witnesses, you predicted the end of the world in 1925, that's cool. Worldwide Church of God you predicted the end of the world in 1972, sorry you guys are false prophets and condemned. Jehovah's Witnesses you have the symbol of the false God Artemis at the front of your church, that's fine you're all good. Catholic Church you have the symbol of the false God Tamuz in the front of your church, sorry you're condemned."

Do you get my point? If you want truth then you will seek it, why forgive one religion for having mistakes in it so that you don't "over-think" things but not forgive other religions?

• steve2
    steve2

BTT

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Hmmm... no response. That's usually the case.

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• garyneal
    garyneal

Tim,

I've really enjoyed your videos and one thing I see that we have in common is that we both have a daughter who we want to protect and teach them a questioning attitude. I am starting my own personal blogs which, like your videos, would serve as my personal time vault for my daughter. One of them, in fact, has one of your videos embedded.

She tickled me yesterday when she and I went with my wife to my mother-in-law's hall. She remembered the former time we were there when I discovered The Finished Mystery in their library. I was excited as it gave me a chance to confirm what the book said and said it was like finding gold. This time she was like, "Daddy, can we go to the library to find the golden book?" All loud in front of everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit