Is anyone celebrating the 4th?

by serenitynow! 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sherah
    sherah

LOL @beks. I meant is that i didn't celebrate my b-day (around the 4th) when I was active, now i do.

• Champion
    Champion

certainly, I celebrate everything. Going to Southampton NY, to stay with a group of friends. I made Buffalo wings, and these great potatoes to bring. We get fireworks and the whole kitten caboodle. love it love america!!!!

• Quentin
    Quentin

You bet...and while doing so will impart to my grand kids, to the best of my ability, what the 4th means. Think we'll do rib-eyes this year, wife makes a killer tater salad....

• designs
    designs

Enjoy the 4th.

On the 5th volunteer for some community project. Surfrider International is asking for volunteers to help out in cleaning beaches in your area.

• Balsam
    Balsam

We (my husband and I) went and watched fireworks at our town center. There was so many people there it was bumper to bumper people which surprised is since we live in a small town. The fireworks were beautiful and lasted a full 15 minutes.

My son went partying last night twisted his ankle and is laying wounded on the couch, ice packed up and moaning. He got me up at 7:30 am "Mama can you get me an ice pack, tylenol". So no matter how old they got if they don't have a wife or girl friend they still need mama. LOL Oh to be 22 yrs old again. The party sounded rowdy and loud and I'm glad it wasn't here.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

This is our 2nd 4th, we are looking forward to having some friends over for a swim, bbq, then watching fireworks at a nearby location. First time we've hosted an actual holiday! I even bought a flag inspired bikini for the occasion ;)

Happy Birthday Sherah, and Serenity! Go all out and make yourself feel good about being free to do any and all that YOU want to do :)

• exwhyzee
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Americans, wear something red, white, and blue. Even if it is subtle, even if you have JW's in your life and you gotta sneak in the colors. Join the bandwagon of enjoying any celebration that isn't against your new conscience.

I am at the Tahoe Apostafest (just waking up and catching up on JWN) and I forgot to bring my USA hat. But I will make up for it somehow.

• lalaa
    lalaa

I celebrate all holidays the same way. I sleep in. I go out to eat. Go to the movies then off to the bar for a lot of drinks with friends.

Except for thanksgiving and christmas...Instead of going out to eat I will go to someone's place to eat and do the rest.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I celebrate all holidays the same way. I sleep in. I go out to eat. Go to the movies then off to the bar for a lot of drinks with friends.

Except for thanksgiving and christmas...Instead of going out to eat I will go to someone's place to eat and do the rest

Yeah!....that's the way to do it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit