Is anyone celebrating the 4th?

by serenitynow! 20 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I haven't started celebrating anything. I kind of wanted to celebrate my birthday. It's funny because the only person who gave me anything for my b-day was someone at work that I hate. Maybe I'll take my nephew out somewhere on the 4th. oh well

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

It's a big "nada" for me as well, but I will be cookin' some good ol' ribs with either potato salad or cole slaw . . . !

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't think people actually "celebrate" the 4th much. Some veterans may fly a flag and dig out some memorabilia but the average American just eats, drinks, and goes to see the fireworks. I've always done those things, even as a lifelong Dub.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I want to but not if it's above 100 at night. This would be our first 4th in "New Greenland."

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh heck, the 4th is one of my favorites! We used to always find the local fireworks display. For years in San Fran, we went down to the Marina and had a whole day of awesome bands and fireworks and picnicking. We're a bit further than I feel like driving for that now, and no kids. Actually, I think the main reason we are not going this year, is because I want to be assured of hot sunny weather, and we have that and a pool. So we're having a BBQ with some of the neighbors, and will do the little "safe and sound" stuff.

I fly my flag for every holiday or occasion.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey Y'all come on out!! I am a holiday nut.

Serenity tell me your birthday girl.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

BIG party...usually about 100 people. The fireworks are set off right across the street from my house, so we always have a crowd...plus lots of good food.

Edited to add: Serenity, PM me your location. If you're anywhere near Ohio, you can come here...we celebrate everything!

• sherah
    sherah

Fireworks, bbq, free outdoor concerts are on the agenda. I did these when i was still active, the only difference now is my b-day is also this weekend. I'll be drinking to that! Happy 4th!

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I did these when i was still active, the only difference now is my b-day is also this weekend. I'll be drinking to that! Happy 4th

You had a different birthday when you were active? Man that sucks!

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Yep. Can only spend a small ammount this year but we will have fun. We have sparklers and the hubby bought some "stuff" from one of our local stands. HEHEE. Our culdesac will be represented just fine!!! (Why do men love blowing things up?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit