District Convention in Hampton, Virginia

by garyneal 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• escaped
    escaped

WOW!!!!! I live in Hampton and have attended conventions in both Hampton and Richmond. I remember being a kid at the convention in Hampton and seeing the "apostates" with their signs standing outside. I was horrified by them.......wow, I could never imagine I would be amongst "their" ranks now!

I would LOVE to meet ex-witnesses in this area!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    we would have the one day and two day assemblies there.

Yeah, my wife's and my mother-in-law's congos would have their assemblies there too but not at the same time since they live in different parts of the state. Sometimes, though, my wife would go to the assembly while her mom's cong is there just to see family again. We're only an hour's drive from Richmond so it makes sense.

View of sign.

View of gate.

is that a radio or tv station not to far from it on the other side of the road?

I believe that is a TV station .

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I would LOVE to meet ex-witnesses in this area!

So would I actually. I mean, conversing with former witnesses on this board is cool and all but I find myself envying those who can meet up because they are local to Canada, Texas, or Los Angelos, CA.

You have a PM.

• escaped
    escaped

I am afraid to sound stupid. But whats a "pm"?

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I bet you are devastated that you will miss it.

Yes, completely devastated.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I am afraid to sound stupid. But whats a "pm"?

Private message, check your mail by clicking the envelope icon at the top right of the web page (next to your sign in name).

• wasblind
    wasblind

thanks for the google pics i forgot about that.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Okay, found out last week that there are two conventions at the coliseum. One was last weekend (over the holiday) and the other is this coming weekend (that follows the 4th of July holiday weekend).

It appears that our area has so many dubs that they needed to split them up into two conventions.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

we're moving to hampton roads sept/oct we'll have to meet somewhere.

• garyneal
    garyneal

cool Nancy

I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit