but less true...
Please Tell Me ...
We're not here for truth---not on this site!
Oh, yes we are!
Truth is everything!
No way. If so, start leading us to the truth.
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. MSG
Right in front of us is He.
That was a good one!
"OK, Marvin tell me about Sylvia's "area". I'm quite curious about it."
1. Back in my day and out in "the country" (which is most of the area) living was poor but family was strong.
2. Without electrical power it was hotter than hell outside and hotter than that inside.
3. Shotgun houses were everywhere, for that reason. (These let the wind blow through "mo ficiently")
4. Kids played in the yard "buck-necked".
5. We picked cotton by hand. 200 pounds was a good days work. We wore socks on our hands for this work, but fingers still bled, as tough as they were. We weighed the cotton with two "field hands" holding a bar scale on their shoulders.
6. We got our water from a hand-dug well by hand "cranking" it up in a bucket.
7. Our "bathroom" had the honor of being its own "house", at least 50 yards from the main house.
8. Chinaberry trees were shade from God. Snowbird knows what I mean.
9. Our "new truck" was 15 years old.
10. We worked and played barefooted to save our shoes for Sunday "go to meeting".
11. If it weren't for turnips and greens we'd have starved in the winter.
12. Chickens really do run around without a head.
13. Pigs lay in their own blood when they die.
14. You clean hair from a pig by pouring scalding hot water on the dead carcass.
15. Folks fight over the liver and kidney. Grampaw always gets the brains. He likes'em fresh.
16. Bailing wire will fix most anything on the farm.
17. We learn ourselves how to play musical instruments. We sang, too. This is not to be confused with singing. Sang'in is family time.
18. "Family" is more than blood kin.
19. All the neighbors like Grammaw's biscuits.
20. (What have I left out, Snowbird?)
No, why would it? :)
I still wanna know about Sylvia's area.
Marvin, I never took you for a Southern gent.
I lived there for a short spell. It was a long, long time ago.