"My" atheism...

by changeling 28 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Debator: read it again. You missed the point.

• debator
    debator

Hi Changling

I don't think so. I found that sort of freedom was ultimately a selfishness that allowed me to abstain from responsibility beyond my own personal satisfaction to do what occured to me personally to towards what I considered good or what I considered bad. It is a lonely road I did not enjoy even if I didn't recognise this at the beginning.

A sigh of relief at responsibility being lifted, doesn't make up for the continual emptiness after that. I find now Jehovah walking with me again, someone to whom my thoughts and words can always reach towards. My loneliness is filled with companionship again.

but I allow you may feel differently. your way is not mine though.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sorry that freedom from God translates to a lack of responsibility for you. Like you said, that's not my way.

I feel responsible to my own moral compass to be the best version of myself possible. That version learns and grows everyday, lives in gratitude and attempts to make others happy in the process.

And while getting rid of imaginary beings that would check up on me leaves me alone in my own head, that's not a bad place to be. Like my poem says, being alone and being lonely are not the same thing.

As for "emptyness" that's your word, not mine. :)

• flipper
    flipper

CHANGELING- Very well written. Those are my sentiment's exactly. It's how I roll too

• changeling
  • startingover
    startingover

Very well said changeling!! For some time I have tried to understand why some need a god and other like us do not. I have come to the conclusion that there is some chemical makup within us the decides that. For those who need a god, it seems they cannot understand your words that describe how I too feel, that being alone does not equate to being lonely.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I do believe in God aka All That Is, however, not as many believe so.

I also don't think one needs to believe in God or a God, to be an awesome person or receive universal treasures now, or beyond.

• moshe
    moshe

I have personally seen no evidence of theism in my life. Maybe next year or in the next century or hundred thousand years from now, humans will have to admit that they are no more important to God than T-Rex was 60 million years ago.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i LOVE the sentiment, because it absolutely
    resonates with me, in that i fear no punishment
    nor do i expect a reward... i have a sense of
    right, wrong, honor, valor, duty, courage and
    compassion (most of which would NEVER
    develop in a perfect paradise world, btw)
    and my actions and reactions are based on
    those cardinal aspects of what i perceive
    as my responsibilities.... MY perceptions,
    not someone else's

i have given up the boogie man for good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit