Horrifying Demon Attack: My Experience

by laverite 30 Replies latest jw friends

• laverite
    laverite

On a warm summer day when I was about 12 years old (early 1980s), I was home alone for a brief time (family had gone to the grocery store). I had always been terrified of the demons and was constantly worried about a possible demon attack. Being born in, growing up a Dub, the Devil and his demons were always either on my mind or not too far from conscious thought. I was terried of ever doing anything that might displease Jehovah. The warnings at the Hall and in my family were thinly veiled "be good or the demons will get you." The constant stories of demon attacks that were told and retold scared the living daylights out of me. As I remember, I really lived in fear.

So on this warm summer day, I was watching television, laying on the sofa in the living room and my hand wandered a little, and it made brief contact with my genitals. I don't remember if I was itching or if it was something more "sinful," but no sooner than my hand made contact with my privates, the sofa started moving.

I cannot even begin to describe the terror I felt. The sofa was moving, and I froze. I couldn't scream. I couldn't move. It was moving back and forth, up and down. I mean, the damn thing was jumping up and down! This seemed to go on forever, but it probably lasted 10-20 seconds. I finally was able to get up, and in my panic, I dove through the front room window. The unlocked door was right next to the window, of course. Needless to say, I wasn't thinking too clearly at the time.

Outside, I was literally running up and down the street screaming something about the demons getting me. Fortunately, a kind old couple lived next door. They came outside and brought me into their house. They calmed me down and tried to clean me up. That musn't have been easy, as I was hysterical.

Once I was calm enough, they turned on the television. The news was on. It was an earthquake.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL

I grew up with the same fears ingrained into me. I can just imagine it.

I know.....

....I shouldn't laugh really, but you do have to maintain a sense of humour or you go nuts.

Cheers

Chris

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

laverite - I had always been terrified of the demons and was constantly worried about a possible demon attack.

I felt the very same way. I feel I did nothing that deserved me having this terror all the time. But when it is ingrained you, it makes you constantly look over your shoulder. Believe it or not, the only way I got over the fear was when I read the "Spirits of the Dead" brochure by the WBTS. (I'm not promoting here. Just being honest. But feel free to throw-up if you get the feeling. )

Oh yes, and seeing as your hands may have been involved in something "sinful", in what way exactly did your neighbors have to clean you up? (Not an elder but asking an elder probing question nonetheless. Your honesty and openness don't guarantee your repentance. LOL )

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

I remember when I was little and seeing a thunderstorm approaching from the east, which is kind of rare for my area. Storms almost always come from the west here. Anyway, it was sunset, so the whole stormhead was lit up like fire, and there was lightning inside it, and it was just amazing. But instead of watching the whole thing, I was curled up in a corner in the house convinced that the Big A was on us and Jehovah was going to murder billions of people any minute. What a mindfuck these people put on us. I never had a "demon attack" like your experience, but that must have been truly awful. I bet you also got in trouble for breaking the window, eh?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Lets just set this straight once and for all... That was NO EARTHQUAKE!! Demunz are masters of illusion right so they shifted the tectonic plates just to scare you but really it was them all along you see! You see!!!!! (Damn emoticons I only know what about 5 of them even mean ffs another tool of the devil)

I bet you didnt play with yourself for quite a while after that lol.

Cheers

• yknot
    yknot

Oh Laverite....... my dear that is too much!

(hugs)

• JediMaster
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

yes laverite - that is too much - lol

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Syl

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

I SEE DEAD DUBS!