I just outed myself on Facebook

by mrsjones5 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

And this is what I wrote:

I think some folks may be under the mistaken impression that I am a baptised jehovah's witness. I am not. I've never been baptised to become a jw. I've never told anyone that I was a baptised jw. A few years ago someone told me that there was a rumor/gossip/slander (whatever you want to called it, it all applies) that I had been disfellowshipped. Also untrue, can't be disfellowshipped if I was never baptised.

I wrote that because I think some of the jws (family and one friend) on my friends list think that I am a jw. I already got one "like" from a cousin and a friend.

• flipper
    flipper

MRS. JONES- Wow. Interesting. So you did this to set the record straight on purpose, correct ? Well, expect an interesting , diverse , and varied response from the ones who are friends on your facebook account. Maybe they won't hold you to as high a standard now, either that- or you'll get lots of new witness " friends " wanting to preach o you and bring you into the cult. LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• loosie
    loosie

I like

• changeling
    changeling

Good for you! And thanks for the clarification, I too, thought you were, at one time, a JW!

Wish I could post on FB that I no longer consider myself a JW, but that would open a huge can of worms...

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I wonder if the Witnesses who've tried to friend me on there have gotten the message when I never friend them back? LOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

MRS. JONES- Wow. Interesting. So you did this to set the record straight on purpose, correct ?

Yeah, I did it on purpose. My family has the sad habit of assuming stuff and this was one of the assumptions I had just never got around to correcting. If some drop off so be it, it's not like some of them really talk to me anyway and the ones I really care about won't stop talking to me (they already know and don't care).

Plus my family loves to gossip so the reactions offline will probably be more interesting than the ones online.

• Scarred for life
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Just because a person isn't baptised, doesn't mean that they were not affected by this dangerous cult . Even if you were an unbaptised publisher you still had to tow the line.

My family who none are witnesses, can't fathom what i went through and the pressure i was under. How fortunate for them. I was not a JW from birth. When i first started studying with them they told me that it was my decision to get baptized it was between me and Jehovah.

I found that not to be the case the longer i attended (5yrs) the more pressure i got to become baptized, when i started questioning about the things in the doctrine that confused me, i was told that i shouldn't question because this is from Jehovah.

This is only one of the reasons i choose not to get baptized , because i was not allowed to question, while studying with them they questioned my religion. I come to this sight because only the people here can understand. Now I realized that the life i had before the JW's was not bad at all. And it's even better now because i appreciate living in this lifetime more.

Sometimes i get mad at myself for listening to them and staying away from informative sites like this, but as time goes by that anger gets less and less.

• nelly136
    nelly136

blimey jonsey your own family didnt know if you were in or out but they think you were in but you were never in so youre out,

sounds like a cricket match.....

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thanks for clearing up the game of Cricket....excuse me while I put a cool towel on my head and take a couple asprin...

Oh, mrsjones...good for you....you play a nice game of Cricket...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit