Do you believe the Bible?

by Cagefighter 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

I don't believe in the Bible either. I struggled with the idea of God for many years after leaving the WT. It was a full two years after I left the bOrg before I ever considered that the only reason I didn't look into evolution or the idea that God might not exist was because I had been programmed to think these ideas were not worthy of entertaining.

It took another two years of a lot of research and personal thought to feel comfortable calling myself an atheist. I didn't choose to be an atheist I simply found myself there after a lot of research into the bible and various other religions.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Warning: Adult Langauge!

George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

• not a captive
    not a captive

I believe that God tries to talk to us.

We only speak a crude pidgen language that easily distorts who he is and our interpreters have not served him/us well.

We have to listen to God at a different "frequency".

If you believe God only use the Bible to "talk" to us then you don't believe the Bible.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    My question is do you or don't you believe in the bible...

The Bible clearly exists. I refuse to believe in the God who offers no proof of his existence.

Science is proving that the Bible cannot be literally true in it's claims and timetables. Science cannot possbly be so far off that the Bible is true.

If I am wrong, I pity the people that worship that guy the Bible wrote about. Not for me anymore.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Internal consistency of the Bible

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve the article or discuss these issues on the talk page.
    • Its neutrality is disputed. Tagged since March 2010.
    • Its tone or style may not be appropriate for Wikipedia. Tagged since March 2010.
    • It reads like a personal reflection or essay. Tagged since April 2010.
    • It may be confusing or unclear for some readers. Tagged since April 2010.

I don't believe the Bible.

If people who think the Bible is internally consistent would read Who Wrote the Bible? by Richard Friedman, they might understand how the texts were assembled in their historical context. It's amazing how desperate some people are to worship the Bible (idolatry of ancient texts) that they'll resort to posting nonsense on Wikipedia.

• not a captive
    not a captive

For crying out loud--Didn't Jesus run against the Mosaic Law in essense? Did he "Believe the Bible"?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

leavingwt...

classic

• moshe
    moshe

Do you believe tomorrow's sunrise? When you can see it, touch it, faith is never an issue is it? If you had never read or heard of the Bible you wouldn't be bothered by these niggling doubts. I think you already know the answer you are seeking, accept it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I now find it hard to understand why JW`s accept the bible.The Almighty,creator of the universe,omniscient,omnipotetent,"GOD"in the true sense of the word used imperfect,uneducated,ignorant humans (by our standards today)to convey HIS ideas in THEIR language to a very small,in the first instance a nomadic tribe,and in the second instance a very small nation,of how salvation is to be obtained by all humanity!!!!THE VAST MAJORITORY OF HUMANS NEVER RECEIVED SUCH INFORMATION,OR PROOF OF HIS EXISTINCE,as the israelites supposedly did.Then he says "Do not put your trust in Knobles or the son of earthling man to whom no salvation belongs"PS.146:3 And yet that is exactly who humans rely on to validate the bible cannon.JW`S beleive the apostacy had crept in by the 3rd century.And who was it that adopted the bible cannon??Christendom,mainly the Roman Catholic church,which held sway over the world of christendom till at least the 16th century,then we had King Henry the 8th who gave us the church of England.Are you JW`s still with me or are you trying to justify/rationalize your stance??JW`S seem to conveniently ignore that their was a VAST WORLDWIDE HUMAN POPULATION OUTSIDE OF the hebrew greek roman civilization of that era.Their were millions of people outside those areas.EDUCATE YOURSELVES

smiddy

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

To a point. I believe some people have valid metaphyiscal experiences, at least, it's valid to them, and they act on it.

But, do I think the Bible is infallible and should be taken literally? No...the way religions and people in religions function who do take their spiritual books literally seems to be adequate proof to me that that's not a great idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit