Do you believe the Bible?

by Cagefighter 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I don't want to high jack African GB's thread but something got me thinking.... Moses, Abraham were inbred and hearing God's voice... Paul never met Jesus yet he is the only Apostle coming down like a hammer of gays and has this "close bond" with Timothy. Then there is the issue of "Horus" the egyptian god and is this where the story of Jesus comes from. I have searched the internet for information on Horus and have not had much luck finding anything authorative either way.

My question is do you or don't you believe in the bible and why or why not? Please no one attack eachother personally, I am looking for all view points. This is something that is bothering me more and more.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I believe in the Bble as much as any other fantasy book, and it isn't such as good a read as Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

• cantleave
    cantleave

In fact the English Football team are more believable.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Do some scholarly research on the topic, such as the documentary hypothesis, the development of the NT canon, or the likely non-existence of Jesus.

I did. I concluded the Bible is quasi-historical mythology.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey awakened, that's "higher criticism"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I love the parts with the talking animals.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

My favorite scripture is:

(Psalm 137:9) Happy will he be that grabs ahold and does dash to pieces Your children against the crag.

I quote that scripture to JWs and other Xians and watch them squirm as they claim that child killing was OK bak then, although Jehovah never changes. That and the event when David cut off 200 penis tips from philistines he had just killed.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    quasi-historical mythology

That's how I personally see it as well, after much reading and research.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The part where the sun stood still strikes me as scientifically very likely.

The Bible is a literary masterpiece, a great book of myths, but no more than that.

The Book "The Bible Unearthed" is a great read.

“Accordingly the sun kept motionless, and the moon did stand still, until the nation could take vengeance on its enemies.”—Josh. 10:13

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

A talking snake made a woman eat a piece of fruit. Now billions of people are dying and getting sick because of that. God cares SO MUCH, but these damn angels are looking on so he can't do anything.

My pinky is to my mouth like Dr. Evil as I say "rriiiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt".

-mentallyfree31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit