Reading peoples hearts

by highdose 34 Replies latest jw friends

• not a captive
    not a captive

Elderlite, Assuredly, Abraham didn't know the full import of what he was involved in any more than did Jesus sweating blood in the Garden"Father everything is possible to you, .. yet let not my will but yours be done..." How could this catastrophe be anything but a disaster?

As everyone points out and as every reference to the test indicats--Abraham only thought of one thing when he was asked --but even the WTS acknowledged the words are very distinct--The only question remainsis one ----WHY WOULD WE RATHER HAVE GOD ASK FOR BLOOD SPECIFICALLY? What is up with that

Do we love the bloody God we love to hate? Are we afraid that the Bible might, just might, allow that hidden in the miserable stinking lives of the Patriarchs there always was this God parleying with them for mercy, not sacrifice?

Jesus TOTALLY got it.... WHY CAN'T WE?

• tec
    tec

Mad - There are many other "or's" in your scenario. Men could have misunderstood, translations could be wrong, some things could be myth that we don't understand, the circumstances in the time may have allowed for no other course of action (something else we can't understand from second-hand information), the people at the time might have been unable/unwilling to understand differently... etc, etc...

In fact, I don't think we can possibly take any one thing above, and apply that one thing as a rule to everything we don't understand.

Since there are so many other options, the one thing that we can be assured of is that Jesus showed us His Father. Through his words and through his example.

Shelby - I'm glad to see you posting 'big' again :) I always enjoy and take comfort in the things you write.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Hi NAC.

Yes, I was gone up to visit my mom for a week. (Even though I believe I peeked in on here a couple times, I didn't get to post)

Tammy

• not a captive
    not a captive

I amend to , in reading Shelby's lovely post that in retrospect Abraham apprehended the full import of what God had asked of him. I do not mean to imply that Abraham or Jesus after the Gift of life had been fully rendered by Abraham/Isaac and Jehovah/Jesus that there was anything but joy at the perfection of the acts to which they had obediently acceded.

That is my understanding of it.

The great example of faith is that at the moment of rendering our worship to God we do not know precisely his plan, we only trust his purpose. And we trust Him absolutely.

• tec
    tec

The great example of faith is that at the moment of rendering our worship to God we do not know precisely his plan, we only trust his purpose. And we trust Him absolutely.

Well said.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit