With friends like these.......

by Belmont 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

SexyTeen,

Is it not possible for a Protestant to have a Catholic friend he loves very much, though he does not go to Catholic church services with him? I blelieve so. The only religions where participation is a prerequisite to friendship are cult-like ones, such as Jehovah's Witnesses.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Valis
    Valis

Belmont, the vice grip of JW guilt never ceases...it might be slow, but it is always there and insidious. Obviously you knew that your "friend" always had that as an option and would possibly resort to it for lots of reasons, JW pressure, personal guilt, afriad jehova was watching...etc..sorry for your loss of friends, but there are plenty where that came from...

• Englishman
    Englishman

Belmont,

Only just seen this! WoW, who wants friends who love us conditionally?

Did you pick up my post re the odd JW who is frequenting my pub?

Englishman.

..From the scepter'd Isle kept free by 2 fins and 4 Merlins.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Belmont,

Sorry for your pain.

I hope you find solace on this board. Welcome.

You WILL make new, TRUE friends, don't worry! Just open your heart wide and make room.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• LB
    LB

Well Belmont at least I'll give them credit for being honest about it. My ex-friends couldn't do that much.

Sexy Teen think about what you've said. You are asking Belmont to fake being a witness to keep a witness friend. Is that what you do or is that what you would do? Would you fake being a witness?

I think it's a fair quesiton as I know dozens of witnesses in my old hall who were doing exactly that.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit