Watchtower Golden Age article = "In Paradise we will fly like Superman...and a Comet will keep earths climate warm??? What?

by Witness 007 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

Nice logic ... if people can fly, why do we need elevator shafts.

Also, why do we need high-rise buildings that have elevator shafts ... would we still be doing a regular 9-5 office job?

Those 20's JWs were CRAZY !!

• blondie
    blondie

While the WTS taught in 1926 that all "Bible Students" were going to heaven; they also taught that the people that were not going to heaven would be living forever on earth.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    While the WTS taught in 1926 that all "Bible Students" were going to heaven; they also taught that the people that were not going to heaven would be living forever on earth.

Like the ancient bible elders who were going to be resurrected back then and live in Beth Sarim? - yes, forgot about that. But they might as well have been in heaven if they were going to be able to fly like the angels. I guess they did not realize back then that comets are mostly ice and are not hot (of themselves) like the sun.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, JWoods, they also were not of the idea that all non-jws were going to die at Armageddon, just infrastructure like religious, commercial, and political organizations would be destroyed. It was a much more enlightened time I guess.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Actually, JWoods, they also were not of the idea that all non-jws were going to die at Armageddon, just infrastructure like religious, commercial, and political organizations would be destroyed. It was a much more enlightened time I guess.

Yeah - but thank Gawd that old Rutherford got them straightened out just in time (after a few hard slugs of Canadian Club).

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Funny, the more more I learn in my personal bible study, the more Russells stuff was a lot 'closer' to the truth then what is currently taught. At first the pyramid thing didn't make any sense.....aside from the measurements, just his study of it, makes a lot of sense. Moses, Jesus came from Egypt. Just what we know about them, how they were made, the structure, the math, how far beyond our time the intelligence of them. Then the scary stuff seeing how related things of Egypt are to the bible. The sphinx.....is a cherub.

Aside from the intelligence to create them, how did man get 140 TON rocks there and lift them up and place them?

Wonder if parts of the pyramids were pre flood times. Either nephiliim, or if you read "Testament of Solomon", were demons or spirit creatures involved in it.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Are there any current JWs that go back and read this stuff? I mean, how can you take it seriously?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I came into the org in the mid 80's with absolutely no jw background and I had no idea that they had ever written any of this stuff. Even in my wildest imagination I would never have thought to ask about this stuff & no one mentioned it. I was busy reading all the current things there really wasn't an internet so I got baptised totally ignorant of so many things and I thought I knew what it was about.

now the insanity of it all is overwhelming

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know an old sister who always insists we will be able to float in the new system. Maybe this is where she got it from!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I don't understand how a Comet in earths orbit would cause "Paradise conditions"......wouldn't this destroy the planet? And where did they get such a wierd idea??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit