Brother Prince

by serenitynow! 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

How does his song go?..............what's it called?.........It goes ..........."Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1975!!!!!!!!! You know the one!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I could see him 'doing' your street. But I can't see him witnessing, wearing a suit or passing out religious literature:)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, if a person is famous before they become a Witness. Most of the Witnesses think it's just wonderful. But, a baptized Witness trying to pursue any artistic talent are viewed as worldly and looked down upon.

I really enjoyed Br. Prince's phallic guitar playing a couple Super Bowls ago.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Jacko used to wear a fat suit and a wig. It fooled the adults, but not the kids.

I'm sure Prince could do the same.

Has anyone had him knock on their door yet?

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

I read the article.....confused as heck...How can he sing about the things he does and still remain a JW?

• snowbird
    snowbird

When he played at the Super Bowl, I thought he was being modest by using the sheet.

Syl

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That symbol of his- how is he still able to use that? It looks like some sort of egyptian idol, a cross, and a penis blended into one.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I remember a couple years ago, someone bringing a news story out in service. It was an experience a couple had of Prince coming to their door and preaching to them. It was from his hometown. I'm sorry, I don't remember much else about the article.

But, I can't see him sticking around in the org. He never seemed to like to follow rules of recording contracts. I doubt, he will follow the strict rules of the Watchtower.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Actually Empty, the article said he's been JW for nearly a dozen years, I didn't realize it had been that long. I remember reading somewhere that he had been a Seven Day Adventist once, maybe that strange kind of religion appeals to him somehow.

• snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit