Wives - How do you "manage" your husband?

by hamsterbait 51 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, I was trying to make a joke with my post earlier but guess I'm not too good at making jokes.

One doesn't "manage" ones spouse. One loves him, tries to understand him, supports him, and NEVER criticizes him.

StAnn

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

One doesn't "manage" ones spouse. One loves him, tries to understand him, supports him, and NEVER criticizes him.

Is that a joke?

• StAnn
    StAnn

No, that one really isn't a joke. He's a man, not a project. He's deserving of being treated with respect and caring. I'm not the CEO and he's not my employee. I don't manage him. We are equal partners. Why does that strike you as strange?

StAnn

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

No, that one really isn't a joke. He's a man, not a project. He's deserving of being treated with respect and caring. I'm not the CEO and he's not my employee. I don't manage him. We are equal partners. Why does that strike you as strange?

Perhaps I'm using the word "manage" in a broader sense than "to control" or something similar. As a for instance, when you say or do something to deliberately change someone's mind or mood, something you know always works, you're managing them and the relationship.

And why would you never criticize someone?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh come on, if I'm acting like a complete ass, I expect him to say "Hey you're acting like a complete ass, knock it off".

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Hey beks, you're acting like a....oh...you didn't mean *I* could tell you that...

;)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well Notvery, I think we've succeeded in completely derailing this thread, and I'm sorry to the OP. I'm off to bed.

Ann, isn't it after Midnight?

On the morrow gang!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I keep mine in another province, a 20 hour drive away

Works really well too

• StAnn
    StAnn

Regarding never criticizing my husband, I find it's counter productive. Just makes him defensive. So I don't criticize him. I think we're often our own worst critic and usually don't need someone else to point out our flaws.

Regarding changing his mood, when he's upset I will start massaging his shoulders. That always makes him feel better. Is that what you mean by managing?

Beks, yes, it's 12:58 a.m. Had to stay up and watch Charlie Rose talking about the McChrystal debacle. Gotta get up in six hours, better go to bed!

Lady Lee, that's an interesting concept!

Nighty night, all!

StAnn

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I only manage my husband to the degree he wants to be managed. I compose and type all of his emails, actually do everything he needs or wants done on the computer and phone, keep track of his medcations, pay the bills, make his appointments etc. He doesn't like to do those things, and when he is asked to, he refers the person to me saying that I run his life. He works hard at his job and does all of our car and home maintainence and repair. I have a painful condition and a partially paralyzed leg, so he also does the shopping and carries the laundry up and down the steps. He is the best man I have ever known, and I'm honored everyday that he is my husband.

Finally-Free, again you just crack me up!

As a single man, I'm curious. what does he do that just knocks your socks off?

For me, it is when a man truly seeks to make his wife happy. My husband is very gruff with everyone else except me. It's just his nature, but he's always been very tender with me. Even after 15 years he surprises me with his intelligence, wit and thoughtfulness, while at the same time being the same, steady man I've always known.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit