I Know Good "Christians" Who Are Not "Good" JWs

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They are Witnesses. They talk to df'd people. They love God. They are most kind to their neighbors. They go out of their way to help people---any people, not just JWs. They drink a little too much alcohol at times. They love to socialize. They sometimes miss meetings for work related reasons. They go on 3 or 4 week vacations and don't attend the meetings.

They are about as "normal" as anyone I know----except their Witnesses!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They go on 3 or 4 week vacations and don't attend the meetings.

So..They have money..

Money buys a lot of forgiveness in Watchtower World..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover

I know JWs like that as well...though I wouldn't call em "good Christians". They're good people.

The down side to those dubs who compartmentalize things is that they never come to the realization that their belief system is either in error or correct. They've learned to deal with it in their own way, accepting what they want, ignore the rest and go on about their deluded lives.

I see it in several JWs I know. I'm happy that they've managed to survive in the cult, but sad that they're still owned by the WTS.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sorry Outlaw.

I have money and it actually caused more grief than anything else in Watchtower World.

5th

• minimus
    minimus

These people believe "in the Truth". They "pretty much" accept things as being accurate BUT they're not extremists. They cite Jesus' love as their main belief.

• minimus
    minimus

These people aren't "rich". They do alright. They were viewed, in the 70s as being more "weak" than "mature'' but due to their longevity, they are considered pretty solid.

• undercover
    undercover
    They "pretty much" accept things as being accurate BUT they're not extremists.

They accept that Man was created 6000+ years ago

They accept the fairy tales of talking snakes and arks and parting of seas

They accept that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914

They accept that the WTS is God's organization

They accept that the end is near

They may not be exteremists but they are still deluded and ignorant

But...in the end, it's okay...there are millions of other deluded people out there, just different flavors...

It is the extremists you do have to worry about.

• minimus
    minimus

All JWs are IGNORANT!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have money and it actually caused more grief than anything else in Watchtower World.....5th Generation

Did you give any of it to the right people?..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of wealthier JWs are looked down on because they continue using their "unrighteous riches".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit