Did the WT totally "luck out" with World War I starting in 1914?

by lepermessiah 66 Replies latest jw friends

• processor
    processor

According to JW doctrine, Jesus was enthroned in OCTOBER 1914, AFTER what he cast out Satan from heaven, AFTER what Satan misled mankind to make war. Unfortunately, World War I already started in JULY 1914.

Besides, they foretold Armageddon for 1914, not a war. When Armageddon didn't come in 1914, they changed it to "soon after 1914" and "1915".

I think it was not before 1925 that they "found" that in 1914, 1914 was enthroned in heaven.

So, yes, they were just lucky. They foretold things for 1874, 1878, 1879, 1881, 1884, 1914 and so on ... in ONE of these years, SOMETHING happened, though something totally different that they had foretold.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

What has not been mentioned yet Didn't Russell use measurements from a pyramid to support the 1914 date?

• blondie
  • booby
    booby

The assassination on 28 June 1914 of Franz the heir to the throne

That statement from wikipedia is inaccurate. It was Russell. But I thought it was a natural death not assasination. And I think the heir to the throne was Rutherford or at least he thought he was.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Several "Dooms-Day" religions of the late 19th century predicted dates for Armageddon such as 1912, 1913 and 1914... when Armageddon didn't happen, Russell thought of a good way to use WWI in his favor...

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

It wasn't what they predicted, but any major event is easier to spin than nothing at all.

Imagine Harold Camping predicting the end in 2001. With 9/11 he could have spun that into "It was not Armageddon, but our world did end as we know it..." Instead he faded from public eye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit