Finally got CoC!!.....Not really what I had expected.

by JediMaster 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Primate, I don't know, this book has been such a cause of turmoil and confusion and shock and seems to be the one thing that finally made so many leave the JW, that I don't thought it wouldn bee a little bit more the kind of "apostate" material that the society warns about. I guess when I said "not really what I expected", I wasn't trying to sound disappointed, more so SURPRISED!!! I'm enjoying the book and will keep reading. Thanks for your comments.

Jedi Master

• Leirben
    Leirben

I'm excited for you, getting to read it for the first time. Lol. Good luck.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Keep reading. The first 120 pages is pretty much his story.

Around pages 120 to 140 he starts with hard proof. False prophecies after false prophesies.

Much more to come buddy. Keep reading!

-mentallyfree31-

• cantleave
    cantleave

Persevere, the tone changes when he starts analysing double standards and other key issues.

• sd-7
    sd-7

See, this book highlights the fact that this is far more than just mistakes. It's mistakes and trying to cover up mistakes and then icing people who find out about 'em. The whole GB is complicit in that. Ever read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter? In a lot of ways, it's like that. You find out the truth and try to convince the powers that be of it, and you mysteriously disappear. You'll see.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If the WT society has nothing to hide, they should encourage all members to read Ray's book. What is true is true. What is false is false. Why should they fear a book?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Precisely, leavingwt. Instead, the WT goes with: "We do not need to conclude that we have to read an apostate book that is filled with slander and half-truths." So which half of CoC's DIRECT WATCHTOWER QUOTES was true, I wonder? Both halves, maybe?

• TheListener
    TheListener

I really enjoyed CoC. I also enjoyed ISoCF.

Having an extensive Wt library but not being a scholar Ray's books (and this website) helped me see how the WT society has contradicted itself and changed the light many times.

It was definitely a case of "I've always felt that way but didn't know how to express it" as I read the book.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If it wasn't true, wouldn't the Org have sued Ray for slander or libel?

Damn cult. How can an inanimate corporation have millions of people duped and defending it?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Not only do they defend it - they have 7 million people carrying a card in their wallet that says "Just let me die...I don't need your medical treatment"

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit