The Origin of Life / Was Life Created - Utter Lies!

by God_Delusion 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

"Peter faces a dilemma. His parents have taught him that God created the earth and all life on it. They say that the Bible's account of creation is trustworthy and that evolution is simply a theory-one not supported by the evidence. Peter's teacher and his parents all mean welt. But whom should Peter believe?" - The Origin of Life

Oh no they didn't!

I cannot believe that they would make up such a lie?

My aim is to write an article about these two brochures.

If you have read these brochures and have also found additional lies, please let me know. The article I will write, will be published in the local newspaper.

Everyone who contributes will have their name mentioned (or not, if you don't want to be outed).

The public needs to be informed about the lies of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society!

Cheers,

Carlos

PS. It also looks as though the WBTS' target market consists of individuals that have very low IQ levels.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    PS. It also looks as though the WBTS' target market consists of individuals that have very low IQ levels.

They intend to keep it that way by discouraging further and higher education!

George

• designs
    designs

The problem with the Society's books on evolution and creation is they never get into the mechanics and developmental stages of ammino acids and cells and the structure of atoms. Its always the 'Poof God did it end of science lesson' mentality. Same with the Fundamentalist views.

A Cultures future is always linked to its quest or aversion to knowledge and progress.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Designer Stubble started a great thread with lots of info on quote mining in the new brochure. Be sure to check it out!

• chickpea
    chickpea

evolution is simply a theory

the only thing "simple" is the mind
    that won't move beyond this pap!!

so if we reduce the meaning of "theory"
    to simply mean conjecture....HELLO!
    EVERY god ever worshipped is theoretical!!!!

sheesh

• zoiks
    zoiks

I hate that phrase, too. Almost every line in these brochures is stated with the assumption and hope that the reader has no knowledge of the subject and no interest in learning about it from any other source. Oh, except for maybe watching Ben Stein's "documentary".

The "only a theory" line really bugs me because all one has to do is look into what scientific theory actually consists of. But they won't.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"Peter faces a dilemma. His parents have taught him that God created the earth and all life on it. They say that the Bible's account of creation is trustworthy and that evolution is simply a theory-one not supported by the evidence. Peter's teacher and his parents all mean welt. But whom should Peter believe?" - The Origin of Life

What they forgot to include: "Peter's parents each finished their homeschooling at age 15 and began pioneering. Peter's dad has a successful window-washing business and his mom supplements the family's income by holding "jewelry parties" in their community. Neither of them has ever taken a biology course of any sort."

By the way, zoiks makes a good point, you can't have a theory without evidence, which shows that Peter's parents in the scenario are probably among the most ignorant folks around.

• designs
    designs

Mad-

I'm sure there's a beaker and bunsen burner somewhere in the house.................

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Never make it an issue of creation vs evolution.

Get their literature, plus easily available/obtainable material that it quotes, and make the topic honesty in journalism.

Cheers

Chris

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Never make it an issue of creation vs evolution.

Correct, with some people, evolution can't win because evolution doesn't answer their big question, How and Why did we get here?

Now, evolution does answer how we came to be the way we are right now, but it doesn't address how life came to exist, that is not its job.

The correct path, in my view, when discussing evolution with someone the believes in Creation is to make them understand that evolution and God can and DO co-exist and that, life needed a "first source" or "primary cause" and that was God ( one possibility) and that means that evolution and "creation" are NOT opposites or opposed to each other, but in harmony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit