Californian kingdom hall almost torched

by mrsjones5 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Arrest in Sacramento-area church arson attempt

The Associated Press Posted: 06/21/2010 07:45:49 AM PDT Updated: 06/21/2010 07:45:49 AM PDT

CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif.—Police have arrested a man suspected of setting fire to a Sacramento-area Jehovah's Witness house of worship.

Forty-four-year-old Jose Orduno has been booked on suspicion of criminal threats, possession of a firebomb, attempted arson and other charges.

The Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall in Citrus Heights wasn't damaged by Sunday morning's fire. Investigators believe Orduno ignited a flammable liquid inside the building that burned out before it could cause any significant damage.

Orduno was arrested shortly before midnight.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15342744

I wonder what set the guy off?
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze

Not that I'm in favor of arson, but....

• snowbird
    snowbird

It was probably the generation thingy.

Syl

• flipper
    flipper

MRS. JONES- Wow. That was in my old stomping grounds Fair Oaks Area. Wonder if it was one of my daughters Kingdom hall's ? I suppose I'll hear something about it. If my daughters let me talk to them some month dow the road. I wonder if the guy was shafted by a JC of elders and had a vendetta ? Of course, the witnesses will look at it as being persecuted . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ssn587
    ssn587

I'm glad no one was hurt, but if would have been nice if he had been successful in burning it down as it is a danger to society!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It was probably the generation thingy.....Syl

........................ ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just saw an update on the news: Orduno is a jw and he told his mother he wanted to kill some jws who go to that hall.

Sounds like he's pretty pissed off about something or possibly mentally unstable.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I Believe the words "reap what you sow" are from the Bible, and the Dubs have been spreading their slime for all these decades, they can't possibly think that everyone views them in a glowing "light" . . . !!!!!! Far as I'm concerned they had it coming. . . with more to come !!!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm US/Pacific

Man Charged With Terrorism After Church Arson

A man has been charged with attempted arson and terrorism after he allegedly tried to burn down a place of worship over a dispute with fellow churchgoers.

The Citrus Heights Police Department arrested 44-year-old Jose Louis Orduno Sunday evening after discovering a flammable liquid had been set on fire near the Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall on the 6900 block of Slyvan Road.

Orduno granted an interview to CBS13 from jail and said he was acting irrationally after a religious dispute with other members of the church, but never intended to burn the building down.

"I was drunk, depressed and mad," Orduno said. "I got some gasoline in my truck, so I put the gasoline around to the Kingdom Hall."

Orduno said he tried to put the fire out when it appeared to be spreading out of control. The Sacramento Metro Fire Department said most of the fuel burned out before it could ignite the building.

The act was sparked by anger that Kingdom hall elders had reprimanded him after he told them he and his girlfriend had become intimate, Orduno said. "They didn't know we were touching, kissing," he added.

That behavior is restricted, according to Orduno, and he was banned from leading Hall activities.

"I was just trying to tell the elders it's not fair, I'm this fellowship," he said.

Investigators said Orduno also threatened fellow churchgoers. Police charged Orduno with felony use of a flammable liquid, attempted arson to a commercial structure, terrorist acts at a religious place of worship and terrorist threats.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The act was sparked by anger that Kingdom hall elders had reprimanded him after he told them he and his girlfriend had become intimate, Orduno said. "They didn't know we were touching, kissing," he added.

Good grief, he opens his big mouth about intimate details of his relationship. What did he expect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit