Yet another generation thread... But this clears up quite a bit of the ambiguity in the watchtower/outline explanations
In "Remain in the Secret Place of the Most High", the closing talk of the 2010 District Convention, the following clarifications were made on the 2010 generation overlap:
- The generation spoken of in Exodus 1:6 includes all those mentioned whose lives overlapped (Joseph, brothers, children, grandchildren). If a grandchild was born after Joseph died, he would not have been considered part of that generation.
- The generation is said to be anointed ones because in 1914 the only hope was the heavenly hope
- There are two overlapping groups of anointed ones.
- The first group are the anointed ones who saw understood the significance of the events in 1914.
- The time during which the person is anointed (not their lifespan) is relevant to the overlap [ I am assuming that to be anointed means that one is baptized AND has the heavenly calling. In this case Brother Barr would not have been counted in the first group since, although he was born before 1914, he was not yet anointed. This is further suggested by the illustration given in the outline of Frederick Franz who was baptized before 1914. ]
- The second group are anointed ones who see the great tribulation, whose lives [as anointed ones] overlap with the first group.
- We don't know how many are around from the first group
- There is only ONE overlap