Punched girl apologizes to police officer

by Think About It 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

This is great! Maybe he knocked some sense into her dumb ass. Hopefully he keeps his job and this becomes for her a turning point for a better life.

Punched Seattle teen apologizes to police officer

AP AP – Police investigating officer who threw punch Fri Jun 18, 9:26 pm ET

SEATTLE – A Seattle teen shown on video shoving a police officer who then punched her in the face has apologized to the officer in a private meeting.

Seattle police say Officer Ian Walsh accepted the apology Friday.

Separately, the King County prosecutor charged the 17-year-old girl as a juvenile with third-degree assault, which is punishable by a maximum 30 days in detention.

The incident happened Monday as the teen was intervening in a friend's arrest for jaywalking. James Kelly of the Urban League of Seattle says he requested Friday's meeting between the teen and the officer at a community center to help calm the situation.

Police have said the department's civilian-led Office of Professional Accountability is investigating the 39-year-old officer's actions.

Think About It

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Next time he should just shoot 'em.

• besty
    besty

lets see how many page views and comments this thread generates.

• tec
    tec

Good for her. Maybe someone close to her is telling her that she was in the wrong, after all.

Tammy

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My dad hit a cop once. He ended up in jail with a couple of broken ribs. In my own dealings with police in my younger days I learned I could get a lot further with them by treating them with respect, even on the frequent occasions where I wasn't feeling particularly respectful. While I was once wrongfully convicted and did some jail time in the early 80's, the many times they let shit slide more than made up for it.

W

• Think About It
    Think About It

Start the rap beat......now say it.

"When a woman wants to act like a punk ass would"

"Giving you shit, when you try to do good"

"Pulling the gun is some Cop's itch"

"Just cock your fist and punch that bitch"

Think About It

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

She deserved to get shot....he didn't know if she was reaching for his gun. Two against one, he did the right thing....NEVER put your hands on an Officer, thats called assault in Australia. One stupid bitch.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It was a good thing she left her bag of meth home that day.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

....he didn't know if she was reaching for his gun.

That's what my husband keeps saying. The girl could have gotten shot. My daughter watched the video and thought the girl was stupid and crazy.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Since I live in the Seattle area a little background is in order. A couple of years ago the SPD started an emphasis program on pedestrian safety. (I think they got tired of scrapping people off the pavement with spatulas.) They focused on two things: people running red lights and pedestians jaywalking.

The street in question is several lanes with a newly build light rail track down the middle. There is a high school nearby, which had requested more patrols because the dumb high schoolers (who think they are immortal) had a habit of crossing in the middle of the block. In other words, this was not some random stop, the cop was there to watch out for the safety of pedestrians. This girl and her friend behaved stupidly, I have no doubt the officer was trying to end the incident as rapidly as possible. I hope some one close to this young woman did what I would have done if it was my daughter: told her she was breaking the law, shoving a cop is seriously stupid, and she's lucky all she got was a punch; if she gets hit by the train we'll by burying body parts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit