Punched girl apologizes to police officer

by Think About It 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

this was not some random stop, the cop was there to watch out for the safety of pedestrians.

The officer was dispatched to that assignment per request of School leaders. He was sitting in his patrol car talking to a man about his jaywalking, when the girls jaywalked right in front of him. When he ask them to come to the car they disrespectfully ignored him and kept walking. When he got out of his car and confronted them, they verbally assaulted him and kept trying to just get away from him. When they never got their way, that's when they resisted arrest and then began physically assulting the officer.

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

Think about it ...

Do you at all discern the possible offensive-ness of saying '"Just cock your fist and punch that bitch"

I get you feel that the officer was 'justified' in his choice but why must you go to the further level? She is a teenager still, a lost one who probably has been hit like that before (reason for her not sobbing in the backseat).....has it taught her anything or has it served to create a sense of fearlessness and lacking boundaries?

Further take a look at the freeze frame you posted above....

The officer has her forearm in one hand as to restrain her as he lays in his punch. I get he was feeling threatened but can you not see that he could have swung her around using his punching hand to push her down onto car's hood or to the ground and than resumed to cuff her?

______

Forget the above except.....

Whether some of your statement in the same line of '"Just cock your fist and punch that bitch" ........ sound as if you enjoy watching a male punching a female?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Here we go again............punch that bitch!

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

No we don't......

Disappointed in you personally.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Disappointed in you personally.

I'm disapointed in you personally for enabling this type of conduct in people. You're way too bleeding heart liberal. This stupid bitch would beat you down over your pocket change like her criminal record indicates she has done to boys in her neighborhood. Because of "the punch", she get it now and hopefully she will now make changes that will make her life better.

Let me tell you something, and listen good. I'm white, but I was raised in the hood. I've fought my way on the streets and have even had my house shot up with bullets. I know what works on people a hellofva lot more than you do. When I tell you the bitch needed to be punched......the bitch needed to be punched!

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

Punched, really?

or

Held accountable?

hmmm okay Think About It....

I know what works on people a hellofva lot more than you do.

What works on me?

• Think About It
    Think About It
    What works on me?

I don't know you or your background, but if you act like she did to the officer........then he needs to punch you also.

The officer did the exact right thing, because she stopped immediately after getting punched. The punch was far more effective than pepper spray, pulling his gun, slamming her to the ground or wasting his time telling her to stop. When you get punched in the nose you are stunned and see stars. This gives the officer the advantage to get control of you before you do it to them. The street respects someone who will stand up to them and fight back. Show weakness and it will be exploited.

I'm far removed from that time, but valuable life lessons to pass on.

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

Dear Think about it.....

We disagree on his punching her. I get that and can respect your opinion as I expect you to respect mine.

However the other point, the one that 'disapoints' ......

Do you at all discern the possible offensive-ness of saying '"Just cock your fist and punch that bitch"
    I get you feel that the officer was 'justified' in his choice but why must you go to the further level? (see above comment)
    Whether some of your statement in the same line of '"Just cock your fist and punch that bitch" ........ sound as if you enjoy watching a male punching a female?

This is especially pointed since you claim:

I'm far removed from that time, but valuable live lessons to pass on.

You said:

I'm disapointed in you personally for enabling this type of conduct in people.

Trust me I am not interested in enabling this troubled youth to continue on her current path, reforming her into a productive member of society that doesn't end up living off of taxapayers dimes (welfare or prison) and continuing the cycle of abuse and neglect to her children .... yea that I will 'enable' along with a legal requirement for her to 'give back to the community' for several years to make up for the money spent

If violence such as punching prevented bad behavior, than your hood experience should have been a paradise of good behavior!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm NOT a fan of police brutality... I think in most municipalities the police are little better than an organized gang and YES I do have a LOT of experience working WITH law enforcement and have never been in trouble with the law EVER but I do work in the jail system sometimes and I see a LOT of abuse and I mean a LOT.

That said you put your HANDS on someone you deserve a punch, you should be able to SAY whatever you want but you want to touch someone? FUCK NO...

However I think that the cops who hit people or taze them for saying things (and I don't care WHAT they say) should be tried for assault and sent to prison!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Yes, I did enjoy watching the cop punch her, because it was the right thing to do at the time and she very much deserved it. It helped lead to her apologizing. If the officer would have pepper sprayed, tazed, wacked with his baton, slammed her to the ground, or pulled his gun on her, it would not have had as good an affect as the punch.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit