Mormon vs JW experience

by thraxer68 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• thraxer68
    thraxer68

I was browsing some ex-mormon forums and I noticed that many of the experiences sound similar. People spoke about brain washing, viewing outsiders as being ignorant of the truth, im not sure if im allowed to copy and paste from other forums, if im not please let me know but here are a couple quotes from ex mormon forums:

"Something I very strongly believe, is that even though everything has crumbled to the ground for me right now, I wouldn't change the fact that I left the church for anything. I know it's the source of my unhappiness, but it's not because I left "the truth" and am bitter about what I've done. No, it's because the church teaches to put religion before family, and that's what mine has done. I'm the odd one out, the outcast, the black sheep(I won't say ugly duckling, because I'm a dashing young fellow ;) ) and it's all thanks to the church's mentality that they come first, and family comes second."

and another that I think ALOT of JW's can relate to:

"It's quite funny because the church constantly says how important the family is, but yet when a family member goes inactive or leaves altogether, it's all of a sudden an "us vs. them" attitude..."

"Whenever members of the church say, "Even if the church isn't true, it teaches good things!" I always think to myself, "OF COURSE they teach good things. Would they really garner any new members and retain their current members if they didn't have a front?"

The previous quotes were from one person, Heres one from another person on the same thread:

"Mormonism so clearly destroys families. You MUST conform or else you're out... It's like getting punched in the face, and having the aggressor apologize that you found it hurtful. They aren't even apologizing for what they've done; they are apologizing for how you have reacted."

Is leaving JW's difficult because you are in fact leaving "the truth", the church of God? or is it because you are leaving a controlling religion? It sounds to me like many of the experiences shared on this forum are common of both JW and Mormonism. I would imagine that leaving the church of the ONE TRUE GOD AND CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE would be different than leaving some crazy left field religion like LDS (in JW perception, I disagree with their teachings but this thread is not meant to debate theology). It would appear that having the true HOLY SPIRIT withdrawn from you would be quite a different experience than leaving a church who is not favored by God where you didnt have any Holy Spirit in the first place. However, many of the experiences sound the same. One question I have though is if there has been as much research into brainwashing and mind control in Mormonism as there has been in JW. I thought this would be a good opportunity to gather these quotes onto one thread to demonstrate the similarities between controlling authoritarian religions to show that the whole experience with JW's is fairly common and not unique to "the truth". Perhaps people with more insight and knowledge of both religions might be able to explain the similarities between the Mormon and JW experience more clearly and in depth. Thank you

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    One question I have though is if there has been as much research into brainwashing and mind control in Mormonism as there has been in JW.

I think brainwashing and mind control is non-denominational.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

You are fine in quoting from another board. When you do, please provide links to that board.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A guy told me that he had been raised in a cult, the Plymouth Bretheren.

When he described his father throwing him out of home for questioning 'The Truth' he used many of the same mantras my father uses talking to me.

When I told him I had been raised JW, he said that they were very different from the PB and and that I couldn't possibly understand what his upbringing was like. Did I have news for him?

He has recovered from his upbringing and has a wonderful wife and family that his father has never met.

Cheers

Chris

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

I received this information here along with The Protocols of the Elders of Zion from men in a black helicopter.

http://www.cephas-library.com/jw/jw_jw_lds_same_origin.html

The Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses are the Same Organization

Russell's family was formerly known as Roessel and went to Scotland from Germany. Of course, Germany is a massive occult centre, from which the Rothschilds emerged, and Scotland is one of the key areas of the world for Illuminati bloodlines. From the start, Charles Taze Russell used his new Watchtower Society, based at Bethel, Brooklyn, New York, as a front for black magic, or Enochian magic as his brand of Satanism was called. He put the flying Sun disk on the front of his books, an ancient Illuminati symbol going back to Egypt and Babylon. The Watchtower magazine has always been a mass of subliminal and less subliminal occult symbolism and the very name, Watchtower, is part of Illuminati and Freemasonic legend and code. To them watchtowers are areas of the "magical universe". The unseen realms. Russell was buried under a pyramid in the United States after being ritually killed on Halloween 1917. These leading Satanists of the Illuminati are ritually killed when their time comes in line with their obsession with ritual. To them, everything is ritual. Again and again the Jehovah's Witness church is named by survivors of trauma-based mind control as being involved in these unspeakable mind control projects.

The Mormons were also created as a front for Satanism and, like the Watchtower Society, Enochian magic.

• StAnn
    StAnn

My little brother left the JWs and became Mormon. He married a Mormon woman. At first he loved it. He has since left it. His experience is not germane to this because he wasn't in for long, just a few years, but since he and his Mormon wife divorced, he has met another Mormon woman and they have been dating for about four years. She was a born-in Mormon. She's been inactive for years. Even though she does not embrace the Mormon faith anymore, her family treats her pretty much the same. They don't shun her. When her mother died, her brother was very kind and advanced her a lot of her inheritance before the estates was settled because she needed cash. Both my brother's Mormon ex-wife and Mormon girlfriend have been shocked at how the JWs in the family treat my brother.

At the same time, my brother's girlfriend says that a lot of Mormon women suffer from depression because the standard of womanly perfection is held up in front of their faces all the time.

Although I don't agree with Mormon theology (and I did study it when my brother became Mormon), it hasn't been as destructive of a force in the lives of the born-in Mormons that I've met through him and the JWs have been to those of us born-in to the WTS.

StAnn

• inkling
    inkling

alice in wonderland, or just the mad hatter?

-inkling

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"alice in wonderland, or just the mad hatter?

-inkling"

I read information like the above information I posted years ago. It sounded very bizarre. To those who don't believe in Satan, you have to wonder where people get this stuff from. Some people are crazy, that's the only explanation. If the above were actually true, contact the FBI so they can launch a formal investigation.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It sounded very bizarre

Written by a nut job with little evidence to back it up and plenty to contradict it.

Why bother to post it? I really don't see any point to it.

Chris

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alice, is English your first language?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit