Another GEM from the 9/15/10 WT

by civicsi00 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The "Governing Body" is a group of imperfect men ...

... but you damn well better treat them like GOD!!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I so wanted to comment on this one. Classic. I have to add another quote, from page 8, which is worthy of its own thread:

Sept. 15, 2010 Watchtower, page 8:

We cannot hope to acquire a

good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore

those whom Jesus has appointed to care for

his belongings. Without the assistance of

“the faithful and discreet slave,” we would

neither understand the full import of what

we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply

it.

So...it follows logically that they would make the subsequent statement that what they write is from God. Even though Jesus apparently appointed them, they sure don't give him a lot of attention save to determine what he "evidently" meant by "this generation". They also don't mind calling him a liar. Bold statement? I'll back it up with Matthew 28:20: "And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." If Jesus had nothing to do with any of Christendom and settled on using the Watchtower since 1879 (at a time when he wasn't even really present invisibly, if one can comprehend the logic of THAT statement--if he's invisible the whole time, hasn't he ALWAYS been present?), then he lied to his disciples, for he was apparently NOT with them all the days. Unless he stopped being with them after 70 A.D. or was just referring to his apostles alone, in which case, I'm wrong. But that's not the JW interpretation of that scripture, as we know.

On page 14, they say: "It is unloving to treat others as inferior." On the same page, they say:

To help us avoid jealousy, recall that the Bible compares anointed members of the Christian congregation to parts of the human

body. ( Read 1 Corinthians 12:14-18. ) Although your eye, for example, may be more prominent than your heart, are not

both valuable to you? Similarly, Jehovah values all members of the congregation even though some for a time may be more

prominent than others. So let us adopt Jehovah’s view of our brothers.

--This is another paradox, as 'anointed ones' will be 'more prominent than others' permanently--receiving rulership and immortality forever. Combining all these quotes, how can they reason that they are not promoting the perception of others being inferior? This issue, the supposedly 'discreet slave' seems particularly high on itself, for a group of people that are supposed to be among the most humble around. Unbelievable.

• whoknows
    whoknows

The "Governing Body" is a group of imperfect men ...

... but you damn well better treat them like GOD!!

Love it Billy! I will use this.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Holy crap SD-7, good catch! I only briefly started skimming the "True Unity" article and then I went back to re-read the quote you provided! I almost couldn't believe it..

This is an outstanding WT (by "outstanding", I mean it has some great quotes that can be used against them). I started skimming the other articles, and I can already it's got plenty of other gems.

Check this one out, page 23:

"The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ."

How unBiblical! I know it shouldn't surprise me, but I'm glad these quotes are all in one WT, instead of having to piece them together from the various past articles.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Civics I'm reading through the mag now, and that statement just threw me too! They really have placed themselves as mediators. So the chain of command now is JW-GB-Jesus-Jehovah. Wow. When did the GB start to figure so prominently in the lit? I've been out about 8 years, the tone of the mags has changed.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    When did the GB start to figure so prominently in the lit?

If I'm not mistaken, the WT writers have been making references to the "slave" or the "Governing Body" at least once in every issue all this year and part of last year. The GB is definitely asserting its authority more and more. Perhaps they're afraid of "thinking" JW's who might want to leave and take their families with them?

• agonus
    agonus

You are not mistaken. Though 2010 is obviously not included yet, do a search on the latest Library CD for "faithful slave" and you'll see how many references there are in the last decade (2009 being the highest number) versus other decades.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Yes, this emphasis on the Governing Body and there elite position began to creep me out even before I had my last year of meetings with elders, etc.

In my very last meeting and latter correspondence I mentioned that the GB broke faith with Jesus by requiring complete submission to their direction--from everyone. civicsi00 quoted page 23 of this Watchtower:

"The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ."

This violate not only common sense but it violates what the Bible says.

Using their own "theology" The defining aspect of anointed ones is that "they follow the LAMB wherever he goes" according to Rev.14:4. But the GB nullifies their relationship with Jesus.

They rob everyone in their organization of "knowing the true God" by cramming people's heads with their fake, warped so-called "accurate knowledge".

This is a very sick bunch of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit