What question would you ask a visiting Governing Body Member?

by pirata 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

"Can you explain to me using only the Bible and verifiable facts the claim that you are God's channel ?"

• fokyc
    fokyc

Why do the elders in my wife's congregation disagree with the GB's instructions for dealing with an accusation of child abuse, which are clearly posted on the jw-media website here:

http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article23.htm

"When any one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other’s presence, with elders also there."

The elders say this is wrong and they have no obligation to speak with the accused person!

• CAMELOT
    CAMELOT

I would ask them "Did they ever consider all the things Jesus warned his folllowers about in the scriptures pertained to THEM?"

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

i would ask, if one of the GB dies during a heated policy debate, does he get to continue to communicate with the GB long enough to settle the debate?

When they answer no....i would ask, why not?

Why communication ok to each other alive, but after death, your off limits to communicate with? Not good enough?

• yesidid
    yesidid

My husband once asked a gb member some "uncomfortable" questions and he just simply did not answer.

He just sat there. He did not even open his mouth.

Funny thing was, my husband took a pen out of his pocket and said gb member followed it intently from the pocket to the table.

My husband had the impression that gb member was concerned he was being recorded.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can I have my money and life back?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Do you personally believe that homosexuality has genetic influence or is it purely a lifestyle choice?

Oh dear . . . that could even get me DF'd.

Love to hear that answer though.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

nope! can't even imagine that.

• Heaven
    Heaven

After warmly greeting them with a vigourous handshake, I would ask:

"Listen. I have this contagious skin rash. What do you think I should do about it?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Are you going to change your stance on blood transfusions? the reason I ask is because you're going to need one by the time I've finished with you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit