Questions for Leolaia (possibly the board's brainiest poster :)

by JimmyPage 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/142873/6/Post-your-photos-time

I would inserted photo, but I don't know if she allows that.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

There is no one group that I trust to tell the stories now. Not even scholars know what is gold and dross entirely. I believe that God still reaches us with his spirit and it is good.My sense is that there was one called Jesus who did say never to be a Leader nor to follow one. I take that saying to heart--whether I can prove who said it or not.

Thank you, Not a Captive. Well said. Ironic, isn't it, that we live in the so-called Information Age, and yet we look to ancient documents in order to find the divine? Yes, by all means we should learn from the past, but live fully in the present. I wonder. If Jesus (assuming he was the man as he was portrayed in Scripture) were alive today, would he be as fixated on the Bible and the deeds of those who lived thousands of years ago as so many Christians (and JWs) are today? The more I think of it, the more it seems to me that he wouldn't.

Do good for goodness sake.

I still want to read Leolaia's response to your question.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Leolaia is the Watchtower's Fawn Brodie.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I agree with you, Not a Captive!

and Primate Dave:

Ironic, isn't it, that we live in the so-called Information Age, and yet we look to ancient documents in order to find the divine?

That is perfectly quotable, thank you!

• AGuest
    AGuest

I've always appreciated that (peace to you all!), hecka brains notwithstanding, dear Leolaia has never addressed me (or anyone here that I'm aware of) in a condescending/derisive manner (something I myself cannot lay full claim to), unlike a few other "brainiacs" on the board. Or maybe she has and I'm just too "slow" to have gotten it at the time (which is very highly possible, dimwit that I can be from time to time). On the other hand, I notice that at times the "smart" people allow themselves to become so impatient with those they consider to be of less... ummmm... "intellect" ("Whad'ya mean you don't get what I'm saying, you dummy??")... that they will often turn a mere discussion into a full-blown, if not ornery debate, or a possibly neutral debate into a negative and polarizing argument. And I'm not so sure that that's really all that smart. Note, I used "intellect" to rule out those who lack wisdom, which is not the same thing and something I am personally very well aware of, foolish and often unwise thing that I am.

Anyway, thank you, dear Leolaia - please know that IMHO, your good regard among those here is very well-deserved.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

I still laugh about an absolutely hilarious pm she sent me.

LOL.

Syl

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I had an ass burger once, it was called The Big Hardee. Terrible!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

BTW, Samurai Champloo (another great anime) is available for free viewing, unedited at hulu.com

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Unless I am missing something, that seems rude JimmyPage.

The reason I thought to compare Leolaia to to Fawn Brodie is that she was brought up as a Mormon and was very bright at school. When she went to university she worked in the library and began reading alternative perspectives on Mormon history. As a result she lost her faith and went on to write an acclaimed biography of Joseph Smith, promoting the theory that the book of Mormon began as fiction but at some point turned into a religious hoax which its creator on some level eventually bought into himself.

Leolaia has already produced lots of interesting historical material on Russell and Rutherford. Here's hoping some day it becomes a book.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My apologies, slimboy. I think you are missing something, I certainly wasn't intending to be rude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit