Explaining the NEW Generation!

by UnDisfellowshipped 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Explaining the NEW Generation Teaching:

This is for anyone who may not know yet what exactly the "NEW LIGHT" is on the "Generation of 1914":

At last! God has now revealed to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses the TRUE IDENTITY of "This Generation that will not pass away until all these things occur" spoken of by Jesus at Matthew 24:34!

1:) This Generation is now made up of ONLY the Anointed Remnant.

2:) This ONE Generation is made up of TWO groups.

3:) The First Group was the group of the Anointed who WITNESSED the events of 1914. (This first group would include former President Fred Franz who was baptized and became "Anointed" in 1913 and passed away in 1992).

4:) The Second Group is made up of all of the Anointed Remnant who are alive at any point at the same time that the First Group is still alive. (For example, any time while Fred Franz was alive). This Second Group WILL BE ALIVE when the Great Tribulation begins.

5:) In conclusion. Someone born in 1991 while Fred Franz was alive and who grows up and is later "Anointed" is part of the Second Group. This Second Group will NOT pass away until the Great Tribulation begins.

I recommend that from now on whenever you see a JW, or a JW knocks on your door, or you talk to a JW relative, ASK THEM to explain this CLARIFICATION on what the Generation of 1914 is.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    became "Anointed" in 1913

Have you got a reference for that?

Considering they teach that Jesus did his selecting between Oct 1914 and 1919, it seems unlikely they would claim that.

Cheers

Chris

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The Watchtower, January 15th, 2001 Issue, Page 28:

"the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses ... has always been made up entirely of spirit-anointed men."

The Watchtower, December 15th, 1991 Issue, Page 11:

"How do the few anointed still on earth feel about their Kingdom hope? This can be summed up in the words of F. W. Franz, president of the Watch Tower Society, who was baptized in 1913: “Our hope is a sure thing, and it will be fulfilled fully to every last one of the 144,000 members of the little flock to a degree beyond what we have even imagined. We of the remnant who were on hand in the year 1914, when we expected all of us to go to heaven, have not lost our sense of value of that hope. But we are as strong for it as we ever were, and we are appreciating it all the more the longer we have to wait for it. It is something worth waiting for, even if it required a million years. I evaluate our hope more highly than ever before, and I never want to lose my appreciation for it. The hope of the little flock also gives assurance that the expectation of the great crowd of other sheep will, without any possibility of failure, be fulfilled beyond our brightest imagination. That is why we are holding fast down to this very hour, and we are going to hold fast until God has actually proved that he is true to his ‘precious and very grand promises.’”—2 Peter 1:4; Numbers 23:19; Romans 5:5."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think you are reading into that something that isn't there.

I would advise against using it with a Dubbie, as you may end up having to back down or defend it. Either way, you are not discussing what you really wanted to discuss, which is one of the primary tactics of a JW in trouble.

Never give a JW an opportunity to divert the subject away from an important issue.

Cheers

Chris

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I recommend that from now on whenever you see a JW, or a JW knocks on your door, or you talk to a JW relative, ASK THEM to explain this CLARIFICATION on what the Generation of 1914 is.

That is my plan with any JW, family or otherwise, who asks anything slightly JW-related. "Explain what Jesus evidently meant when he said 'This generation will not pass away...'."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    ASK THEM to explain this CLARIFICATION on what the Generation of 1914 is.

That is by far the best tactic.

You only need to know what a doctrine is so that you can refer them to their literature when they deviate from the 'light', not so that you can tell them what it is.

They are trained to teach ............ and to not listen

Cheers

Chris

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is what the actual new Watchtower Study Article says about the New Generation. This will be "studied" at the Sunday Meeting tomorrow worldwide:

The Watchtower (Study Edition), April 15th, 2010 Issue, Pages 27-29:

"This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. ... What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Me to Dubbie this morning, "I'd like to hear the comments on paragraph 13 today!"

Them................................................................................ Start new subject.

• ambersun
    ambersun

That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end.

How long is a generation? How long is a piece of string?

Hmmmmm.

• The Finger
    The Finger

"I recommend that from now on whenever you see a JW, or a JW knocks on your door, or you talk to a JW relative, ASK THEM to explain this CLARIFICATION on what the Generation of 1914 is"

UnDisfellowshipped,

Fortunately for me the opportunity presented itself only this morning. About 3 weeks ago I run into an Elder who seemed somewhat keen to ignore me but I put myself out to stop the car get out and have a chat. This seems to have prompted his visit this morning as he has never called on me before in 30 years.

I said come in and we sat in the living room. We talk about the assembly coming up and previous ones we'd attended. Then I mentioned the Watchtower study today and if he could explain it to me. I felt the need to help him understand what they are saying and was able to talk to him about 1975, the generation as it has been presented, and Jesus and worship, the resurrection and how he wasn't in the new covenent and didn't have a mediator as far as I could see as he rejects Christ annually.

He left in a less happy mood than when he came, I don't know if this bodes well for me. But I put it down to the appalling result of the England v USA game last night and me being in a foul mood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit