Question for ex-elders

by startingover 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

Is a publisher's record card necessary to DF someone? If a person had one, faded and does not live near nor had any contact with the congregation who holds it, nor any other congregation for 30 years, would you say they are off the radar?

• asilentone
    asilentone

good question (marked)

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am not ex elder, but ex MS, but after 30 years, they should be off the radar completely!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

In my experience, yes. I tracked down a couple of faded JW's over 30 years gone and was told to leave them be. In one case, we had no publishers cards and was told to leave it be.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think it's "necessary" in order to get df'd.

After 30 YEARS! the old elders are either dead or removed. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• sspo
    sspo

You're off the radar after 30 years and not living in the same area!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've never been an elder but I would think they'd have to first be able to prove someone was a JW before they could attempt any kind of official sanctions. Then, of course, there are the unofficial sanctions which many JWs are famous for.

W

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

ex elder and PO here.

Yes definitely off the radar

30 years, that was a generation ago LOL

LD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are off the RADAR but could put yourself back on. You should not admit to formerly being one or where you attended meetings. Some jerk with a wild hair up his ass might decide to "show you" what the organization could do.

Other than that, you are pretty safe.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

OTWO, you mean an elder could get a wild rabbit up thier butt? Ew. Yes, off the radar. Stay that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit