If I lived in Biblical times I would have....

by exwhyzee 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Somehow me thinks if Shad, Me and Abed has survived that furnace, Darth, you'd not a been able to harm a hair on their heads. Probably would have ended up resembling a burnt match stick yourself.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Nope, my God's are more powerful than that Hebrew So'called god. If he was so powerful why are his followers our slaves? The things I saw in those days hahaha it would take more that the luck of 3 Israelites to make me pee my pants. And also I bet my King Nebuchadnezzar wouldn't have gone stark raven mad if I killed those slaves.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Eh, God is god to everyone.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

You only have 1 god how foolish is that? We have hundreds are you that blind? Where was their God when we destroyed their temple dedicated to him? As we killed many of his people, and took the rest as slaves? Sounds like a dead god to me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

....What exactly are "Biblical times" ? They started gathering the mythology into a book during Josiah's reign. They further started gathering the Christian mythology in the first (or even as late as the second) century C.E..

I would have been a peasant without a clue like most people or maybe I would have been a gnostic that knew it was all allegory.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I most likely would've been among the lost sheep of Israel that Jesus spoke of. Assuming, of course, I was born an Israelite. Otherwise, I don't know.

Of course, I am speaking of New Testament times here. I may have been in Greece or Rome worshipping their gods. Athena and Aphrodite are quite lovely ladies.

But hey, if I had seen the miracles Jesus performed, I would've became a believer and found myself getting 'disfellowshipped' from the synagogues for it (John 9).

• beksbks
    beksbks

Looked forward to the invention of the toothbrush.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'd NEVER rape Bekbeks. Then I'd be stuck with her.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey man, at least I would have had the highest possible standards of hygiene. Admittedly not very high in those days

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That's a good point. Nice smells are a plus.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit