God Active or Not?

by ISP 21 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

(Thinkers Wife)
    I have to agree with my husband. Our concept is quite different from the norm. But something or someone directed my husband and I to each other.
    I don't think God is impartial. I think all people have an equal hearing.
    RHW expressed it well.
    Unfortnately I think some people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hence those who have such terrible experiences in their lives. There is also the matter of life choices affecting our direction.
    TW

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

To me, there is a vast difference between religion and spirituality. At thise point in my life, I espouse no "religion", but I do feel I have a "spiritual" life.

I still pray to "God", but I sometimes wonder if, rather than a "being" or "entity", God is instead a "force" that exists throughout the universe....a force into which we can tap.

I've found in my own experience that I can muddle along on my own if I so choose, and receive no external guidance. Yet, if I pray about specific things, I will receive help and guidance in choosing the correct path.

I've experimented a little with Reiki, or the Healing Touch. The premise behind this is that there is a Universal Healing Energy that we can learn to focus through ourselves into another being to aid them in healing. I've done some work with my animals when they've been sick, and with myself, and I know I felt something, and seen results.

At this point in time, I'm not exactly sure of what is out there, but I DO believe that there is something. (Big change from the JW attitude of knowing everything about everything, eh?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit